tummy gripes

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

tummy gripes

Postby tinkerbell » Aug 15, 2004 6:05 am

hi
i am now 5 weeks and 3 days with my third pregnancy.with both my previous 2 i had severe hg .with my daughter i was really bad .normally i am sick by now but not yet .
i have nausea and by 4weks couldnt eat . i some how managed to eat and then i got the runs . now i am starving and for the past 2 days have eaten 3 meals a day !!!! the only problem is after i eat i have awfull indigestion , feel sick in the evening and by the morning i have stomach gripes and need to sit on the loo for ages. i never had this before ,although with the first i remember ,when the sickness started i had a few trips to the loo ,then that was me as i couldnt eat anyway.
i am living in hope that all is ok as i really want this litle surprise :shock:
i go to the doc tommorow so i can get some medication on stand by.i feel my body is ready to shut down, but i am fighting every step of the way. i tried this last time but didnt have the strength, but i feel positive i can prevent rather than cure this time .
i hope all is ok .will let you know
thanks for listenig.
in complete shock! now started hg pregnancy number 3
tinkerbell

Postby carriedodson » Aug 15, 2004 9:32 am

Congratulations! Sorry to hear about your tummy troubles. Pepcid might help the indigestion, and as far as the diarrhea, I know a drug named zofran that can cause that to stop- in fact everything to stop. Maybe you have a little bug in addition to being pregnant. At 5 wks with this pg I felt so bad I felt like I could not move I was so tired and yucky. MAybe you could have your prenatal blood work done early to rule out infection or other issues. I hope you get some relief.
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 15, 2004 3:21 pm

I had diarreah w/ my 2nd pg, but only as an adverse reaction to Phenergan and Reglan. It's horrible to be nauseas w/ the runs! You dehydrate twice as fast when the vomiting starts. It is really unusual for HGers to report diarreah soon after their HG hits.

Have you ever been tested for Helicobactor Pylori? I just really wonder if you have another health complication besides HG, and when you get pg it kinda crops up again.

Do you have a proactive plan to follow? Where are you from? I'd be sure to mention your diarreah to your Dr. because it's not something all HGers have.

Huge hugs and please keep us updated! Congratulations on your pregnancy, and please let us know how we can help.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby tinkerbell » Aug 16, 2004 1:06 pm

hi
i checkd in with my doc today and have got phenergan and prednisolone in the cupboard !!!
with my second pregnancy i got to 14 weks and was so bad they thought iwould need to get a termination . asa last resort we tried steroids and boy did they work . by day 3 i as eating 3 meals a day . sure i felt sick in the morning but i could function .
i am going t try phenrgan as soon as the sickness starts. if i can do without the steroids i sure will :P
the tummy pains and runs are now undercontroll. i find if i burp all day ,freely the wind is out rather than griping away in my tum :oops:
i also iam finding if i eat bland food the runs go so heres hoping .
i am from the uk and have survived 2 hg pregnancys and 1 misscarriage.
thanks for all the support
i go back to the doc on wed to check in with my gynae
cant wait till 2 weeks so i can get the first scan .all iwant to see is the heart beating ,so my mind is at rest
in complete shock! now started hg pregnancy number 3
tinkerbell

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 16, 2004 11:14 pm

Wow! What a great supportive start w/ your GP! How fantastic. While you're eating all those bland things, don't forget to stay hydrated! Try lots of little snacks throughout the day, never hungry, never full, and liquids and solids separate.

Keep us up to date, and think proactive, don't wait too long to use that Phenergan!

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG