My update

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

My update

Postby Joci6 » Aug 18, 2004 6:09 pm

Hi everyone-

Just wanted to update everyone on how I am. I am 5 weeks and 5 days. Today was the first day of bad nausea. I woke up at 6:30 b/c of the nausea so I took a b6 and 1/2 unisom and went back to bed. I woke up at 8:00 gagging and dry heaving so I took an 8 mg zofran. By 9:00 I was feeling better but tired. I was then able to take the kids to the park and eat and drink. I am so scared but praying the zofran will continue to help me.
I called my Dr. and he said to take the zofran when needed so if I don't feel nauseas - don't take it. What do you think of this? Or should I take as a preventative?

Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

Postby carriedodson » Aug 18, 2004 8:23 pm

Hey Sandra,
If you are already nauseous now I would start taking it on a schedule. I swear it has made the difference this time- my doctor is so proud of me for staying out of the hospital and I am so surprised! At my 9 wk appt I had gained 5 1/2 pounds-I am not big to begin with so this was a big milestone compared to last pg. How much will your insurance cover? I would get a 30 day supply and do it. Hope you are feeling better this evening.

Foodment: Jolly Rancher suckers help get that yucky acid taste out of mouth- they really help the nausea for me.

Hugs,
Carrie :D
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Postby Joci6 » Aug 18, 2004 8:30 pm

Carrie-

Thanks for your reply. I actually started to feel a little nauseas again tonight so I will take it again before going to bed. I hope I will be OK.

Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

Postby Joci6 » Aug 19, 2004 4:27 pm

Hi all-

Quick question. The nausea seems to wake me up at 6:30 a.m. - this is when I take the zofran, eat some crackers, drink some water and go back to bed. I get up with the kids around 7:30 and feel better. If I took zofran before going to bed, do you think it would minimize the nausea at 6:30 a.m.? Right now I'm only taking one 8 mg a day. I get nauseas at night but it seems to disappear.

Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

Postby carriedodson » Aug 19, 2004 7:50 pm

Hey Sandra,

I think it could keep you from vomiting/wretching in the a.m. and could keep you from getting dehydrated. If you wake up at 6:30 and can stay in bed till aroud 7:30 I would take one at 6:30 and also at 10:30 the night before. Getting on an 8 hour schedule could help you stay hydrated and get you through wks 6 and 7. Those were hard for me. Hope you are feeling functional. I'll check on you tomorrow!

Hugs,
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Postby Joci6 » Aug 19, 2004 8:28 pm

Thanks Carrie-

I'll try that. As of now I am functional. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow. Did it seem to ease up for you after 7 weeks? Also, is the zofran causing you constipation? If so, what are you doing for it? Thanks again!!

Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

Return to First Trimester HG