Looks like I spoke too soon...

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Looks like I spoke too soon...

Postby Laurie » Aug 23, 2004 9:28 am

8 weeks, 4 days. Vomiting started this morning. I've been battling nausea for a couple weeks on my own and doing ok with it. But this weekend, it kept building and building. I have a call into Motherisk, waiting for their call return. I have B6 caps and Unisom caps which I will begin taking asap. I am worried this time though because my DD is much more active than my DS was at this age and when I was pg with DD, DS was content to watch TV on my bed while I snoozed off the nausea and Unisom. DD won't be as easy. DD just weaned last weekend and I'm debating whether I should start her up again, since nursing seemed to relieve nvp so much for me last pgcy.
Laurie
#4 due 4-14-07, 2nd HG pgcy
10 weeks
Laurie
Welcomed Friend

Postby nomore » Aug 23, 2004 9:38 am

Aww Laurie. I was hoping HG would escape you :( Try to be proactive in your treatments so hopefully you get get this under control. Is there anyone who can help you out with your daughter? I thinking about you.

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

re

Postby Laurie » Aug 23, 2004 8:19 pm

Thanks, I was hoping for it too! Dh usually goes in late to work and my mom gets off at 3:30pm so between the two of them, I should be able to get some adequate help if needed. I also have my best friend (whose son is my DS's best friend...lol) but she's about 20 minutes away. Anyway, we'll see how I do. Thx for the prayers.
Laurie
#4 due 4-14-07, 2nd HG pgcy
10 weeks
Laurie
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 24, 2004 1:53 pm

Hey, if you know that nursing helped you before and it'd be so easy to start again, why not?!? If she or you don't take well to restarting, then you can always stop. I hope that the B6/Unisom is helpful. Have you been taking the B6 prior to now so that it could build up in your system?

Many Moms of toddlers have kind of barricaded themselves in. Videos, snacks and drinks at hand for you and tot, books and toys, etc. A safe place where you can block yourselves in and you know if you snooze they might make a mess, but they will not be hurt. I couldn't watch my 1st whilst pg w/ my 2nd for 6 wks. I can understand how hard it is. Luckly he doesn't remember a thing now, and the effects of my absence was short term (and he has this great sister he loves to pick on out of the whole thing!).

It will all work out. Try to stay hydrated and eating as best you can. Small frequent meals and snacks, try liquids separate, sometimes that can help the nausea. 1/2 an hour between liquids and solids.

There is a sticky post all about B6/Unisom/Zofran that would be helpful for you to read if you haven't already. Lots of useful info in how these meds work best.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG