A Good Day. Can I have Hope? new to this Board...

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

A Good Day. Can I have Hope? new to this Board...

Postby DeColeCody » Aug 23, 2004 7:58 pm

Hi, I have been posting the the newbie board and just graduated to this one. I am 10 weeks and had my pump installed today! Reglan... That was nto as bad as I thought. Although I have not had to handle the mechanics of the whole thing yet either. The nurse was great, and I would recommend this Home Health Care Company to anyone.

Anyway. Today has been a good day. I told my company I needing to go out on Short Term Disability, and found out I get 8 weeks paid if it is approved. Has anyone not been approved because of HG?

Also I was able to eat and drink today! I am excited and scared all at once. Have you guys had the same experiences? Am I through the worst? Is it going to get bad again? Did I jump to the pump to soon?

I love this board and told the nurse about it. We need to get the owrd out there to the others who may be suffering alone. I dont know what I owuld do if I had not found all of you!

To all of my HG sisters, I love you! I pray for us all!

DeCole
EDD March 19, 2005
Isabelle 19 months
1 Miscarriage
1 Scary Ectopic!
DeColeCody
Welcomed Friend

(((Hugs)))

Postby Laurie » Aug 24, 2004 9:45 am

I'm so happy you got to eat and drink today!! Congrats!! I started my Unisom/B6 yesterday and today feel much better. I had bfast and I also immediately started worrying if I should have done that or not...and how long it might last. ;) But, you gotta try, right? Plus it's stayed down so far.

I don't have pump expertise but I know many have been successful on it. I wish you the best!
Laurie
#4 due 4-14-07, 2nd HG pgcy
10 weeks
Laurie
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 24, 2004 2:32 pm

Welcome to the board! It'd help to know how far along you are. If the Reglan pump is working for you, there's no reason to think that it's too early to jump to it unless you are able to tolerate swallowing the pills, which is unlikely if they prescribed you a pump!

13 weeks is the typical peak for HGers who haven't been fighting really proactively w/ a set plan in motion. If you aren't past 13 wks yet, you have some rough times to come, but if you know your options and are prepared to use them you are much better off and more prepared to head off a bad downward spiral.

Feel free to ask lots of questions and read all over the boards and especially the website. There is a wealth of information and experience here.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby DeColeCody » Aug 24, 2004 5:12 pm

Thanks Andy,

I am 10 weeks and 1 day.

The pump is fine, I am at least tolerating small amounts of liquid. i am still feeling sick and not keeping down solids.

I hope my doctor helps get my leave approved so I can concentrate on getting better. I hate to leave my customers but I need to be a full person again.

Hope to get to know all of you better.

8)
DeColeCody
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 26, 2004 12:11 am

I hope your Dr. does approve your leave. Lots of other HGers have been on Dr. approved (or Dr. demanded, lol) leave from work. I'm glad you are tolerating the Reglan well. Why did I ask you how far along you were when it was in your post? Where was my head . . . sorry about that.

Nearly all HGers have found a combination of meds to work better than one alone, is your DR. willing to try you on B6/Unisom w/ your Reglan, or add Zofran? I hope that you are able to start tolerating some solids soon. It's great that you are doing better with liquids. The better hydrated you are, the better off you are, but solids still can't be left off for too long.

Huge hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby DeColeCody » Aug 26, 2004 1:41 pm

My Dr has approved me for the leave, now it is up to the good 'ol boy netwrok to understand this is a real meidcal necessitie. My dr also approved Zofran along with my Reglan.

The past few days have been hard. Drinking water and 7Up are about all that I can tolerate. Solids are more tiricky. The Home Health Dietician suggested a handful of cheerios... I am just so disappointed that I can not eat anything yet. I am happy about the hydration, but I am getting frustrated with solids.

I had my hair cut off today because I could nto handle trying to keep it up and "neat" this will probably prove to be a bigger hinderance. (LOL) I was so sick sitting in my stylist chair, I just wanted to be home in bed.

Talk to all of you soon!

DeCole
DeColeCody
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 30, 2004 6:14 pm

DeCole,

I'm so glad to hear that your Dr. approved Zofran and your leave from work. Have you been able to keep down some solids? Hopefully with some stress lessening you can rest better. I had my hair short for both of my pgs and it was such a huge blessing. It's short again now and I don't think I'm ever going back.

Let me know how you are when you can,

Hugs, Andy
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG