7w 2d

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

7w 2d

Postby stephanie greene » Aug 31, 2004 3:58 pm

HI friends,

I am still doing well. Have good days and bad days. Haven't thrown up so feeling positive. I am taking unisom/b6 and zofran round the clock. My day seems to depend on how well I slept the night before. Eating is a struggle but I am doing it. I had severe HG with my first the entire pg so just praying this will not be as bad...or for as long. HOpe you are all well.
blessings,
Stephanie
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

Postby Natalie » Aug 31, 2004 4:30 pm

Hi Stephanie

I'm sorry but I don't really know you're story that well. Do you have it posted anywhere?

I just wanted to post and encourage you along...

I hope you manage to find peaceful and re-invigorating sleep at this time. You feel soooo darn tired in the 1st tri, the last thing you need is HG and then sleep problems on top of all that. I used to find sleep my only escape (well, temporarily, I used to wake and barf in the night, but enough about me!)

I hope that this pg is easier for you too. Are your family / friends supportive? Do they live near you? Can they help out at all?

I hope you are able to attain a vomit-free pg!

Best wishes

Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby MamaLily » Aug 31, 2004 6:40 pm

Stephanie -

Glad to hear that things are going pretty well for you. No vomiting yet...what a victory! Keep hanging in there...I hope you continue to do well!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

thanks

Postby stephanie greene » Sep 01, 2004 2:11 pm

Natalie,
thank you for your reply. yes I am still adjusting to the new forum... not sure where my story is at this point. it's out there... smile. I had severe HG with my daughter, now two. PICC line IV Zofran , unisom/b6 , zantac, until 24 weeks then oral meds until a week post delivery. Healthy baby girl and swore in tears every day that I would NEVER do it again. well, here I am. Pluggin along each day. nauseated ALOT but remaining calm. praying. eating....so hard but doing it.
So this time...started meds early. now zofran ODT 8mg every 8 hours, unisom/b6, colace( constipation) Sunday will be 8 weeks. PRAYING it won't be the same as last time. HOping if I do get sick sick sick it won't be as bad or as long...
thank you so very much for your encouragement!
Stephanie
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

Postby HdGAMom2B » Sep 02, 2004 5:45 pm

HI steph, just wanted to add to the loving encouragement here, and let you know we're so proud of your positive attitude right now. You are fighting this,a nd doing so well! Keep up your great resolve, and you'll be in the 2nd trimester before you know it.

Blessings my Friend!

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Sep 03, 2004 10:28 am

Stephanie, you're doing great! No vomiting at this stage is a fantastic accomplishment. I was for sure headed in for an IV by now w/ both of my pgs. Proactive action really DOES make a difference!

FYI, max on Zofran is 32 mgs per day, so there is a bit of room to ask for more Zofran if you feel it would benefit you. Do not hesitate to go in for an IV if you think you are getting dehydrated. Zofran always works best when you are hydrated! I know how it is w/ sleep and HG tied so close together, but at least you know more of what you'll face and how to compensate for the day.

Huge hugs to you and keep us posted. We're here for you to cheer you on and hold your hand.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG