11 Weeks!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

11 Weeks!

Postby HdGAMom2B » Sep 03, 2004 12:29 pm

This is a good day. I have noticed that my sense of smell is less of a problem lately. Hubby made himself a gourmet meal, and came to the bedroom to eat it. I didn't mind, and even wanted a few bites myself. It was really amazing to me that I could handle the smells. I guess they're less noticeable, or distinguishable. This is a blessing.

I also noticed that I am dreaming of the holidays, with different kinds of foods, and it didn't gross me out to even imagine food. That's a turnng point for me.

So, we're now into week 11, and I have my drs appnt this afternoon. I desperately wanna find out when we get an ultrasound, so i'll ask her today, when we can do that.

I don't have much to report other than that. I'm taking Zofran, now only twice a day, wened myself off of the evening dose. I'm eating regularly, and have even been able to have a bowel movement every other day, without crying. I think we're starting to enjoy this pregnancy thing!!

Thank you God.

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby mammaclare » Sep 03, 2004 8:04 pm

I am so glad to hear that. You certainly deserve such an easy (compared to having/wanting to terminate) time with HG...and it can give others hope that proactiveness can help. Maybe not for all of us, but you are a good example of research and taking care of yourself making a difference!

I praise God with you==
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby halgal427 » Sep 06, 2004 1:39 pm

hey christy,
i am so happy for you that you are making it through this pg. i'm sure it has been a huge battle but you are doing it! you must be so excited to see this little baby on an u/s. i have had 6 u/s (because i have a blood clot next to the placenta) and love seeing this little tiny thing that is making me so sick. i'm sure you will at least have an u/s at the usual time, 18 weeks or so. that will be so fun. and you may even be feeling much better by then. i will be keeping you in my thoughts and best wishes.
kim
edd 3-9-05
haley 4-27-96
devyn 11-20-99
isabelle 12-30-02
halgal427
Welcomed Friend

Postby Brenda » Sep 06, 2004 2:10 pm

Christy,

That's so good that your sense of smell seems to be calming down. I am so glad you are doing so well. I have read your posts on & off and you give me hope that maybe this time it will be different.

Brenda
Brenda
Opinionated HGer

Postby Ivydragon » Sep 09, 2004 12:57 am

Christy! I just want to give you such a huge hug! The smells becoming less noticeable is such a huge thing! I am so excited for you. I always had my ultrasounds at about 20 wks, because by then it is easiest to distinguish the sex of the baby, which we always wanted to know!

Keep up the great work and great faith.

Huge hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG