8 weeks

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

8 weeks

Postby stephanie greene » Sep 04, 2004 5:57 pm

Hi friends,

still hanging in there. nausea is increasing but I havent thrown up. I know thats a good thing. forcing myself to eat and eat and eat...feel sicker if I dont but ugh...food is a battle. I was sick with my daughter, McKenna, now two, the ENTIRE pg( even 6 days after) Is it unrealistic to think this pg will be different? So far doing better and notice that I have waves of nausea then calm moments. with my daughter once I got sick I just got sicker and sicker. What about hoping that I will feel better around 12 weeks? Possible????
feeling like 8 weeks is great but...7 more months.............

Stephanie
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

Praying for you.

Postby Brenda » Sep 04, 2004 7:47 pm

Staphanie,

Wow. Congrats on making it to 8 weeks and doing so well. Isn't it so frustrating not knowing when the worst is going to come or if you are at the worst. I am 5w2d and feeling so good I am worried I will miscarry or I will wake up tomorrow or the next day in the worst of HG. I so hope it's different for you.

My doctors still claim they have seen HG patients not get it as bad. I hope for us they are right. I too have a 2 yr old dd (well 21 months) and I just hate not knowing how much longer I'll be able to play with her.

I will keep you in my prayers!!

Hugs
Brenda
Brenda
Opinionated HGer

Postby stephanie greene » Sep 05, 2004 9:42 pm

thanks Brenda,

Yes, my Dr and several others have said that the 2nd time can be better. I am sure praying. So far I would say yes it has been better....thats just it, like you said I am waiting!? I wonder if we make it through 12 weeks and do ok if we are home free??? Sounds like we are pretty close on our due dates...Im due April 17th. I hope I can be a help for you during the next months....and even more that you don't need it! smile

Stephanie
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

There's lots of hope!

Postby Ivydragon » Sep 08, 2004 3:26 pm

Hi gals,

I've been watching HG pgs for over 3 years. I've seen several repeat HGers plan to attack HG proactively in a 2nd or more pg. Being proactive DOES make a huge difference in how well you cope, and can even make a difference in the severity of the HG.

Even better news, we know when the peak is. Time and again women hit the worst between 10-13 weeks. The more proactive you are, the higher the chance that your very worst will be 10-11 wks vs. 1st time HGers w/ a reactive vs. proactive Dr. facing a peak of 12-13 wks. Doing things proactively delays the worst onset of HG, and helps an HGer to heal from the worst they experience. Preventing extreme dehydration is key. There are many proactive options. Please read the sticky on Zofran/B6/Unisom at the top of the forum to get an idea of what you can do w/ those options. There are so many more options besides that. We are here to help you discover what your options are so that you do not feel helpless.

There are many factors that contribute to how severe HG is, and they are largely unknown. The more extreme and severe the HG is, the less proactive measures contribute to having "none or lessened HG", but even those with the most extreme HG benefit greatly from proactive planning and support. Enduring to the end of HG and emerging with a baby in your arms is more obtainable for severe HGers w/ proactive planning.

Hugs to you both, and feel free to ask questions.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

thank you!

Postby stephanie greene » Sep 09, 2004 12:26 pm

Andy,
Thank you for the information and encouragement. Yes I was wondering when the worste would be... getting on the meds early and knowing what we are dealing with has made a huge diff. I am starting to feel more and more nausous but since I will be 9 weeks in 3 days I am hoping I can get through the next few weeks. Thanks again for all you do. I know your time is well appreciated!
Stephanie
HG survivor
* McKenna 2002
* Nathan 2005
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

Postby Brenda » Sep 09, 2004 7:30 pm

Andy,

Thanks. I should know more than I feel I know. I had a rough morning and it's so easy to feel just hopeless. Thanks for all your support, it means the world to me.

Stephanie,

Hang in there, you sound like you are doing so well. I am praying you continue to do well thru the next few months. I will be thinking of you and praying for you.

Hugs to you both.
Brenda
Brenda
Opinionated HGer

Postby Ivydragon » Sep 10, 2004 9:33 am

Stephanie,

Thank you for the reminder that my time is appreciated. Right now I hop from one thing literally to the next . . . great for my waistline, but not so good on my sleep. ;) When my 9 year old complains about and stretches out his homeschool lessons on a daily basis, it's nice to get some thanks!

Brenda,

I have forgotten little things I think I should know about HG, too. It's hard to keep it all fresh in your mind . . . and you're pg, we all know what happens to our brains once we become pg! Pick my brain whenever you need to.

Hugs to you both,

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG