Tachycardia/"fuzzy brain"/dehydration

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Tachycardia/"fuzzy brain"/dehydration

Postby lawbyrd » Sep 23, 2004 10:00 am

I have noticed that with each pregnancy, it seems like I get hit progressively harder and faster by dehydration. For example, after an especially bad day or so, I had resting heart rate of 120+, and I find that I get "fuzzy brain" and dizzy and start to black out although I am probably only moderately dehydrated. I also find that the more I vomit, the more difficulty I have focusing my eyes and have a hard time talking. With my first pregnancy, it would take several days to get to that point.

Has anyone else had this experience? I have my next dr. appt. on Tuesday, and I planned on discussing this with him.
HG third time around!
Mom to Joey age 5 & Josiah age 3
lawbyrd

Postby DeColeCody » Sep 23, 2004 10:34 am

I get Fuzzy Head whenever I stand up. I have to grab onto something or I would fall down. I feel like I am in a cartoon or something. This is my first bout of HG so I can not help you compare... Have a good day, update us on the Dr appointment!
DeCole Cody
Suffering in Dallas
Zofran Pump
Reglan - caused depression with pump
Phenergan Suppositories
DeColeCody
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Oct 01, 2004 1:23 am

I am curious to know what your Dr. said. I don't recall other HGers comparing how quickly they get dehydrated w/ different pgs. I always dehydrated very quickly in both of my pgs, but it did seem to take a great deal more to stabilize me and keep my hydrated my 2nd pg.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby lawbyrd » Oct 13, 2004 1:40 pm

My doc says that I am not getting dehydrated more quickly, his theory is that the vomitting is very stressful on the body, and that the cummulative effects of so much vomitting for so long have taken a toll on me.

I'm not sure what the reason is. I do know that since my last PG my heart has never quite been the same, I have gotten episodes of tachycardia/bradycardia which are inexplicable.

Sometimes I feel like all of this medical intervention and "prevention" doesn't seem to do much good.
HG third time around!
Mom to Joey age 5 & Josiah age 3
lawbyrd

Postby Ivydragon » Oct 14, 2004 10:17 am

Vomiting over prolonged periods of time does take a toll on the body - I don't think we're designed to vomit on a continual basis and not have ill effects.

The medical treatment that sometimes doesn't seem to be doing much good keeps HGers alive with viable pregnancies. A good percentage of us would not be alive if it was not for modern medicine. Some of us aren't alive even w/ the modern medicine we have available to us.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG