I can't take it!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

I can't take it!

Postby Atsie » Sep 23, 2004 5:38 pm

Its funny how the excitement of having a baby is all gone. Now all I see is sickness and debt. When I first got pregnant, I thought it wasn't the best time but things were okay money wise, 3 months of sick days and I am terrified of how we can afford this. I am so scared. I am losing one job because of HG and with it we were just getting by. NOW WHAT?? I am so scared and stressed out. I think this is the reason I have been so sick in the past few days. I feel so hopeless. Not to mention a failure. Okay so I am sort of losing it today. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I am sick of being sick and broke. The only things my body seems to want, we can't afford. How is all this fair? Other women get pregnant and wow, its so easy. Why not me? What did I do to deserve this?
And I can't even walk away!
Erin :cry:
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby Brenda » Sep 23, 2004 7:36 pm

I am so sorry you are having such a crummy time. I know it probably won't make you feel better, but I am where you are for the most part, so I can totally sympathize. I know it's easier said than done but don't worry about the money. You will have the rest of your life to catch up. Just keep doing what you need to do to get by. Once you have your baby you can catch up!!! I was suprised. Babies werent as expensive as I was told. Just keep your chin up and don't worry too much. You need to do what YOU need to do to get by.

HUGS to you. I will pray for some good days for you.
Brenda
Isabella HG Baby #1 11/21/02
Spencer HG Baby #2 4/16/05
Victoria HG Baby # 3 12/19/06
Brenda
Opinionated HGer

Hang in there!

Postby Laurie » Sep 24, 2004 7:05 pm

Babies can certainly be less expensive depending on what decisions you make...like breast instead of formula and cloth instead of disposables, etc. We did an interesting project in high school where we each got a different amount of money to spend on the baby budget and wouldn't you know it, I got the $2000/yr budget. LOL So I agree with Brenda - they aren't as expensive as they seem or have to be. I think many many pgcys cost more than the babies do...for my first pg costs, including my fertility treatments, we probably didn't spend as much on him money wise (clothing, diapers, etc) until he was about 3yrs old. lol

Hang in there, keep your chin up. This too shall pass. It's so hard to see the light but it's there, I promise. In 7-8 mos, you'll be so deliriously happy to hold that baby and WANT to eat that you won't remember how dim the light was right now. ;)
Laurie
#4 due 4-14-07, 2nd HG pgcy
10 weeks
Laurie
Welcomed Friend

Postby mammaclare » Sep 24, 2004 8:52 pm

I am not there now, but I did feel a lot like you. I didn't lose my job, and was paid through my 4 months leave, but it could have happened legally any day after the 3 month mark and I was terrified. I felt like I was "bad at being pregnant"...as if I had any control.

You will make it--day to day and sometimes hour to hour. I promise you will. It may not be easy, but the rough truth is that we don't get a choice. Like you said, you can't walk away. So, chin up...when not in the toilet...AND come here to cry, shout, whine or whatever else you need.

This sickness robs so many of us here from the perfect pregnancy and it is OKAY to be scared and angry and all of the other things you are feeling.

You are NOT a failure--you ARE a great mommy for doing everything you can to hang on day by day.

Hugs--
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Return to First Trimester HG