This sounds stupid but ...

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

This sounds stupid but ...

Postby Brenda in Canada » Sep 28, 2004 9:32 am

part of me wishes I was worse.

I am taking Diclectin and from past pg I know it must be doing something. The nausea is getting worse every day, but I'm not vomiting much - not yet anyway. The constant nausea is driving me crazy but I know if I'm not losing a lot of weight then no one will care. I'm thinking of asking to move up on the treatment scale - maybe more Diclectin or maybe a suppository or something? But I figure since I'm not vomiting a lot then they'll say no. I have a midwife appt. on Monday. If it keeps heading down hill I may call before then to see what I can do. I have three kids at home with me and I feel so desperate.

Anyone else in this boat?
Homeschooling mom to 9 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 3 1/2 yr old boy, and 1 yr old boy. Due Mar. 8th with #5. HG pgs with all (gone by 20 weeks) - fortunately with the best husband (of 11 yrs) in the world by my side. www.homeschoolblogger.com/mumof5
Brenda in Canada
Been There Done That

Postby mammaclare » Sep 28, 2004 11:24 am

Lie. I know it sounds horrible, but you won't be the first to have done it to get the care you need.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby Atsie » Sep 28, 2004 11:38 am

I am on Dicletctin too. What is your dose? They started me at 2 little pills a day, I a now at 2 ,4 times a day. They also added maxeran and zantac, that was when things started getting better. I found that even when I wasn't throwing up I still couldn't eat or drink and it made everything worse on the diclectin alone. I agree with Mama2B, if you know whats coming and its worse, I 'd lie and say I was vomitting., if you didn't think they would give it otherwise.

Are you able to eat or drink much?

Erin
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby galit » Sep 28, 2004 6:11 pm

You could also take Gravol supposotories which are over the counter. However, they will make you sleepy which I am not sure that you want ,with 3 children to take care of.

The key to HG is always to be proactive. If you are feeling worse, increase your dosage or add another medication before you spiral out of control. Motherisk, located at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto has a nausea and vomitting helpline. They are wonderful and can direct you better. www.motherisk.org 1-800-436-8477 I am taking 6 diclectin a day, but bear in mind that your body will take a few days to adjust to a new dose or a new medication.

galit
galit

Postby Ivydragon » Oct 01, 2004 12:53 am

Galit, are you pg?

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby galit » Oct 01, 2004 7:59 am

Hi Andy,

Yes, I am 35 weeks pregnant and due on November 2nd! This has been the absolute best preganancy out of the four, but I have to tell you I am glad this will be my last pregnancy. Hope everything is going well for you. My son is home from school a lot these days because of holidays so I don't have too much time, but I try to post whenever I see diclectin pop up somewhere.

galit
galit

Postby Ivydragon » Oct 19, 2004 10:00 pm

Congratulations! Ok, way late, lol. I'm glad to know it's gone so well for you. Sigh, wish I knew when my next child was coming.

Enjoy that last month, nevermind, what am I saying? Baby, come out soon!

Huge hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG