Pregnant AGAIN!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Pregnant AGAIN!

Postby anna8660 » Sep 30, 2004 3:04 pm

Hi
I was just here a couple months ago and ended up having a miscarriage, well, I am back again and I am not even sure how far along because I never even had a period. After having HG and not being able to deal with it to the point of terminating pregnancies, I finally made it through and my son, quin, has completely changed my life, he just turned a year and he has made this past year the best of my llife ever, he is such a blessing I thought I would try for another miracle (before I get too old!) So here I am, exited, nervous, and anxious to get on and get through this. Worrying about miscarrying takes a lot of the worrying about HG away, but it seems I am able to worry about both.

I have a question if anybody knows, I took zofran through my whole pregnancy, but now I am still breastfeeding and wonder if it is ok to take while breastfeeding, the same with meclize and benadrly that really helped me before.

It feels weird to be back here so soon, I am praying so hard for everything to be ok this time I almost want to be sick.......crazy isnt it!!!!!!!
HUGS
Anna

anna8660
Been There Done That

Postby Natalie » Sep 30, 2004 3:54 pm

Hi Anna,

I just wanted to write and say congratulations. I can totally understand where you are coming from about the HG - it's a double edged sword:

No HG = extra worry about possible miscarriage
Having HG = Physical and mental misery for months on end.

Hmmmmm. What a choice :roll:

Just as well babies are so darn cute and sweet they make it all worth it in the end :D

HG has taken you on such a rollercoaster journey over the years - but especially over these last few months.

I sincerely send you all best wishes for this pregnancy.

Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Brenda in Canada » Sep 30, 2004 6:18 pm

Other than the HG I've had very uneventful pgs - no miscarriages or big worries. It must be weird almost worrying about not having HG!

I would just say that for the drug info - the best place to find out is at

www.motherisk.org

If there isn't anything on their site then you can call their helpline and they are glad to give you info and help - I just talked to them today :)
Homeschooling mom to 9 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 3 1/2 yr old boy, and 1 yr old boy. Due Mar. 8th with #5. HG pgs with all (gone by 20 weeks) - fortunately with the best husband (of 11 yrs) in the world by my side. www.homeschoolblogger.com/mumof5
Brenda in Canada
Been There Done That

Postby Ivydragon » Oct 01, 2004 12:23 am

Ooo, are you really? Congratulations!

Can you believe I had to go on vacation to carve out time to get on here? Insane, and I've got to get myself into a better routine so I don't get behind here anymore.

I'm so excited for you! So, honestly, you can't be very far along, you know, HG usually hits before too long! So, what are you doing so far? Are you needing to work through this pg as well?

How exciting! You know, we've heard good things about nursing and HG through the years, but I'd be prepared to wean quickly if need be, just in case things get bad enough that you need to use meds that wouldn't be ok for Quin.

Huge hugs, and I 2nd the Motherisk recommendation. They also test meds for breastfeeding moms. Great resource. When you find out, post in the breastfeeding forum. I'm sure others will want to know, too.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby RebeccaM » Oct 01, 2004 1:14 am

Anna,

Wow! I can't beleive you're here again! I'm happy and excited for you. Get plenty of rest and take care of yourself. Hopefully I'll be joining you soon. :)

BTW- How was little Quin's 1-year birthday? Tierra's was great and she had so much fun. I can't believe they're already a year!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby stephensmam » Oct 01, 2004 10:31 am

Im delighted for you anna, thrilled that you are pg again and i think you are very brave to do this again so soon it will be a lovely age gap for quin and his little sister ?

love you
oh btw how do you put the pic of quin under you name here i just cant get pics to upload
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Postby Brenda » Oct 02, 2004 12:36 pm

Hey Anna,

Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you. You can do it again!!!! Isn't the Michigan weather so nice?? I am so glad it's getting cold. I have found that I am doing so much better with the cold weather. Let me know if you need anything.

Hugs
Brenda (Cinnee1)
Isabella HG Baby #1 11/21/02
Spencer HG Baby #2 4/16/05
Victoria HG Baby # 3 12/19/06
Brenda
Opinionated HGer

Postby halgal427 » Oct 05, 2004 11:16 am

hey anna,
congrats! i am so happy for you. i know just what you mean about being worried anout m/c and hg at the same time. i started bleeding this pg 4.5 weeks and had an u/s that showed and empty sac and a huge blood clot. i had to wait ten days for a repeat u/s to see what was going on. i didn't feel sick yet and was praying to feel sick (drs. say it is a good sign of healthy baby). well, the day before the u/s hg hit and i was never so relieved. it ended up that it was too early to see the baby at the 1st u/s and this time we saw a heartbeat. the clot was still there though and so was the bleeding. i had so many u/s now i can't even count and finally the clot has resolved and i am almost 18 weeks pg w/ my 4th girl. i have read about all of the hard times you have been through and i pray that all will be smooth this time around for you. please keep us posted. i think it is most unfair to have to worry about m/c when you have to deal w/ hg. we hg moms should be exempt from m/c.

as far as hg goes...i hope that it is as good as can be for you. you really deserve that. i will be thinking of you. take care,
kim
edd 3-9-05
haley 4-27-96
devyn 11-20-99
isabelle 12-30-02
halgal427
Welcomed Friend

Postby anna8660 » Oct 07, 2004 9:12 pm

J- on the my profile page the avatar upload, put the file from you r computer ther and then upload it. How is the little angel doing, it would be fun to see new pics.

Natalie thanks for the well wishes,

Brenda, thanks for the info on mother risk I am going to call them

Andy, it is hard for me to believe It happened so quick, I have not even had a period since the miscarriage, so I dont know how far along, I am having bloodwork done and if everything looks ok then an ultrasound next week. I feel pregnant! that is what made me do the test to check, but I am thinking only about 5 weeks at this point, judging from the fact i am still siting here eating an ice cream sandwich! I was very disappointed my doctor told me to stop breastfeeding right away, one because I was hoping for a llittle hg relief from it, and second cause i feel quin is so not ready for that. She is worried about the increased risk of miscartriage, but I say-show me a study beacause everything I am reading is saying it is ok, so now I feel like I am sneeking and breastfeeding, not a cool feeling. I just feel I have to do what is in my heart. I am going to post in the breastfeeding room when I get a minute.

Rebecca, when are you going to try to join me here?? It is amazing they are one! he looks so big to me when i look at him I am like WOW! We went to Sesame Place Amusement park, and it was the best!!! I highly reccomend it it is great for the little ones!

Brenda,
how are you doing?? Is it any better this time, or just harder cause you have to take care of Isabeela too, Are you still working? how is that going? I would love to meet up with you some time, we are so closer.

Kim, it is crazy to be looking for HG but I feel yucky enough to believe that everything is ok so if it does not get any worse I will be ok with that!! Your due date seems so close compared to what mine probably is!
HUGS
Anna

anna8660
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Oct 10, 2004 3:17 pm

Congratulations, Anna! Wonderful news - I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping that everything progresses smoothly for you. :D
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby mammaclare » Oct 10, 2004 8:32 pm

Yay for you! I am thrilled. You were always so amazing to me when we were going through our PG's together last year...being able to work in the hospital, fighting through personal stuff...and HG. You are such a strong woman, so please know that if HG rears its head, you will always have support here.

With love and hugs--
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Return to First Trimester HG