Let's list some positives ladies ...

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Let's list some positives ladies ...

Postby Brenda in Canada » Oct 08, 2004 6:13 am

Depending what stage we're at - that might be easier said than done, but I find that even as I improve a little I just want to be all better! I'm having trouble appreciating the small gains. Plus we normally only post our reality - which is mostly negatives, so let's try to think of some positives.

Mine:

I've had some improvement the last 5 days or so. I haven't spiralled down out of control since Monday morning. I really think the absolute worst is behind me and I don't think I'll be making anymore ER trips like a week ago.

My mom is willing to help for another week and a half. By then I'll be at 9 1/2 weeks. I know from my past pg that things gradually - ever so gradually start getting better around now. Plus my mom has been able to help more with this pg than the other 3. By the time she goes home (she lives 9 hours away) she will have been here for 2 1/2 weeks. Thank you mom for getting me through the worst!

This is my last pg! I've had 4 and I'm done with this. I imagined myself having more children so I didn't imagine any other life for myself. Now that I know we're not having more, once in awhile I daydream about what life will be like in ten years or so (when my youngest will be 10 and my oldest 17!) Maybe I can go back to school or work part-time or just have some time for me. I homeschool so that is a precious commodity right now :)

I'm through the worst of my HG. I know some of you continue to get worse at this point - but from my last ones I know weeks 6-7 are the worst for me and then it slowly gets better. My goal is Christmas. I will be 4 1/2 mths by then and I should be much better - not perfect but much better. I'm hoping to be able to dig into Christmas dinner (which I can't even stand to think of right now!)

Unlike many people who are suffering in the world from different things - my suffering is temporary and I get a beautiful baby at the end!

Your turn ladies! Maybe we can cheer each other up. My mood stinks right now!
Homeschooling mom to 9 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 3 1/2 yr old boy, and 1 yr old boy. Due Mar. 8th with #5. HG pgs with all (gone by 20 weeks) - fortunately with the best husband (of 11 yrs) in the world by my side. www.homeschoolblogger.com/mumof5
Brenda in Canada
Been There Done That

Postby CathC » Oct 08, 2004 8:26 am

Okay, I'll play!

I am thankful that this has been the easiest of my pregnancies, so far. I feel bad sharing that, because I know some of you are going through a nightmare right now. I feel so terrible for each of you, as I know what that moment-by-moment misery is like.

I am thankful that I can shower each day. Not only do I have the strength to do it, but I don't have to try to bathe around IV lines and such or worry about throwing up in my bathwater.

I am thankful that we are keeping up with school so far.

I am thankful that I am not losing weight.

I am thankful that my dds are home to help with the baby.

I am thankful that I am able to come to the computer and check this site and the daily pregnancy calendar site. Last time I was too sick to move at all. My hubby offered to set up a laptop on the bed, but I couldn't read or type, so there was no point. I like going to the daily calendar, because it counts down the days and it helps me feel like I am making progress.

I am thankful that I am still able to leave the house. Last time, I couldn't do anything at all for quite awhile. It was a big event the day I was able to sit out in the backyard for 10 minutes. Even my dog ran around, happy as a lark! (That was kind weird.)

I am thankful that I am able to sleep at night - a precious gift from God. Previously, I have always woken up all through the night to vomit.

I am thankful that I am not surrounded by a bunch of well-meaning, but clueless people. I am kinda living in my own little bubble right now where I don't have to justify myself.

I am thankful that God saw fit to intervene in our lives and bless us with another child, even though I wouldn't have thought I could get through it again.

I am thankful for the recommendations I read on here about crushed ice!

I am thankful for the world's most supportive husband who defends me, sympathizes with me, takes care of me, takes care of our kids, brings home the bacon AND cooks it, provides whatever food I can tolerate at the moment (even if it means running out of the house at all hours of the day and night), comes home everyday for lunch in order to make lunch for the whole family, and doesn't ever complain, but finds it all joy and is really excited about another baby!

Most of all, I am thankful for the little goober growing and developing in me. S/he will be as special and precious and unique as each of my other children and I am very excited about him/her!!

I have found these things to be helpful when I am feeling down or scared. Although I am doing so much better in this pregnancy, I am still very sick. I find that I am not dealing with it emotionally as well as I thought I would. I think that is because I feel like I JUST recovered from the last time. Roman's pregnancy was SOOOO hard. I also find that I am subconciously waiting for the hammer to fall. I don't usually have a major turn around until about 24-26 weeks, so I want to hope that I won't get really bad, but I still feel like I have a long way to go before I can feel like I am out of the woods. I am just taking it one day at a time and praying that this will end up being serious, but normal morning sickness and not HG. What a surprise and a gift that would be! Eight weeks, 1 day today and counting... :)

Maybe I could be a hope to others that it doesn't always have to be so bad! :wink:

Blessings,
Cathy
CathC
Been There Done That

Postby RebeccaM » Oct 08, 2004 12:42 pm

Thank you ladies for your positive thoughts. :) It's reassuring and inspiring to hear.

Just a note: You can read more positive stories in the "Stories of Hope" forum (towards the bottom of the list of forums). Also please feel free to post more thoughts there. :wink:
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Return to First Trimester HG