Gone for a week ..

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Gone for a week ..

Postby Brenda in Canada » Oct 11, 2004 5:19 am

Well - I decided that we would all go up north (dh will still be out in the bush for the weeK). I will stay at my mom's. I really don't know if it's a good idea or not. There are so many things that will be more inconvenient there - even just my own space to vomit early in the morning :( But yesterday I decided that I didn't want another week here without dh. My mom's been here a week and a half already and the kids could sure use a change of scenery. Really - the trip could go either way. The trip up seeing the beautiful fall colours could cheer me up - and maybe at 8 1/2 weeks my body will finally decide to take a turn for the better (I can hope can't I?) Or it could be a meltdown - which happened on a necessary trip with my last pg (grampa's funeral) - which was a total nightmare - I got trapped in dh's nanny's house with a turkey cooking all day (easter). We went out to get me out of the house and I said I cannot go back there! So we made a 9 hour trip home starting at 5pm! But - my mom won't be cooking any turkeys and understands more - but there are still so many things that could turn terrible (my adult brother will be sleeping on the couch for one - and he's not easy to get along with).

Anyway - I guess I'm going either way. If things go really bad I can reach dh at the camp and we can go home.

Wish me luck. I can't wait to be a week farther along (9 1/2 wks) next time I post.
Homeschooling mom to 9 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 3 1/2 yr old boy, and 1 yr old boy. Due Mar. 8th with #5. HG pgs with all (gone by 20 weeks) - fortunately with the best husband (of 11 yrs) in the world by my side. www.homeschoolblogger.com/mumof5
Brenda in Canada
Been There Done That

Postby halgal427 » Oct 11, 2004 2:14 pm

hey brenda,
i'm so sorry to hear that things have been so hard for you. it must be a nightmare not to have you dh around to help out. i couldn't bare the thought of that this pg and hired my sil to babysit full time. we had to but off home improvments to pay for it but i think it was worth it. is there any way you could even hire someone to help a few hours a week? i know that just the thought of the work involved in finding someone is huge when feeling so crappy but it might give you just a little boost. i hired my sil before i got sick because my last pgs i was to sick to even look for help when in hindsight i should have done it. now i know what a big difference it makes.

it sounds like you have had a really hard time in the past too. how miserable to be in the car for so long when feeling so bad. when i was 9 weeks pg w/ my 2nd i was the maid of honor in my sisters wedding. we had a long car ride because what was supposed to be a 6 hour drive took 10 hours do to pulling over to vomit and traffic. i had to hook a bag of fluid up in the car, lucky i had my PICC line in place.

it sounds like the change for your kids might help. is your mom helpful? even changing a dirty diaper can help. i really hope it is a good trip not a nightmare. i know what you mean about things going either way. i will keep my fingers crossed for you. i really hope you will turn the corner soon and feel better soon too. you have been through alot and could use the break. best wishes,
kim
edd 3-9-05
haley 4-27-96
devyn 11-20-99
isabelle 12-30-02
halgal427
Welcomed Friend

Return to First Trimester HG