Why am I fainting?

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

Why am I fainting?

Postby DeanaCarol » Jun 05, 2004 10:46 am

I've been HG-free for about two months now. Starting this week, I've been having fainting spells. The first one happened after I drank an Icee (I've been craving cold, icy stuff). I nearly blacked out, then I threw up once, then I didn't feel normal again until the next afternoon. Two days later I ate a popsicle and nearly passed out again. This morning I ate a cup of ice and 30 min. later I was sitting on the couch and it came over me again. My doc says fainting is common in pregnancy and all my bloodwork has come back normal. I'm not so worried about the fainting as I am about what could be causing it. All three times happened not long after I ate something cold. I did faint several times during my first pg, but that was in the middle of HG and induced by severe dehydration and malnutrition. This is different. Anyone have a clue?

Deana -- 26 weeks
DeanaCarol

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 06, 2004 10:48 pm

Deana - Wow, that's really scary! I do remember Christina (Burntcarmine) fainting like that after the worst was past. I don't know whether she ever found any answers, either, but it was just chalked up to mild dehydration/heat/activity/who knows. Maybe sudden cold is causing some vessels to restrict and you faint? I hope you can find some answers!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby toryandrew » Jun 09, 2004 6:45 pm

You should get your blood pressure checked. Fainting can be a sign of preclampsia. But I bet you are just having extreme sugar reactions. Did you pass your glucose test okay? My friend had similar reactions to sugar but everything was fine with her. She fainted during her glucose test but never had diabetes or high blood pressure, just one of those scary pregnancy things that are never explained.
Tory
Ciaran -Moderate HG through 16w
^Aidan^ died at 20w 06/25/04 Severe HG
Eaghan 06/17/05 Severe HG
Baby Girl due 04/01/08 SEVERE HG
toryandrew

Return to Second Trimester HG