Steriods

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

Steriods

Postby toryandrew » Jun 14, 2004 12:36 pm

Hey everyone,

I just started a short burst of Prednesone on Friday and it has made a big difference. I have not thrown up for 2 days, I have a ton more energy and I feel closer to myself. I am in week 18 and have not has a single non-vomit day for 14 weeks until I started on this. It is totally worth trying!
Tory
Ciaran -Moderate HG through 16w
^Aidan^ died at 20w 06/25/04 Severe HG
Eaghan 06/17/05 Severe HG
Baby Girl due 04/01/08 SEVERE HG
toryandrew

Postby MamaLily » Jun 14, 2004 2:59 pm

Tory -

I'm so glad to hear that steroids have helped! They made a difference for me as well, although I was still pretty sick.

How long does your doctor plan on keeping you on the steroids? Keep us posted...sometimes one short taper isn't enough and you need to stay on them a little longer. I was on for 2+ months (just couldn't get off without problems).

Hang in there...so glad to hear something is helping you!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby toryandrew » Jun 15, 2004 1:57 pm

I am on a short burst for 6 days. I am afraid that I'll start up again as soon as I'm off. I am already tapering and feel slightly worse, maybe its psychological though. Were you okay being on them for that long?
Tory
Ciaran -Moderate HG through 16w
^Aidan^ died at 20w 06/25/04 Severe HG
Eaghan 06/17/05 Severe HG
Baby Girl due 04/01/08 SEVERE HG
toryandrew

Postby MamaLily » Jun 16, 2004 10:29 am

Tory -

Yes, I was fine being on steroids for 2+ months. And my daughter has always been very healthy. There are women who stay on steroids for their entire pregnancies for other health problems.

In my case, staying on steroids was less risky than trying to come off them. Please keep in touch with your doctor about this...if you start feeling worse, it might be worth calling them. When I was tapering and starting to feel worse, I called and my doctor immediately put me back on them.

Keep us posted! I'll cross my fingers that this one taper will do it for you!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Second Trimester HG