I broke my Bottom! Plus still suffering!

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

I broke my Bottom! Plus still suffering!

Postby DeColeCody » Oct 16, 2004 4:02 pm

Hello everyone! It has been awhile since I checked in! I had to check out for awhile as I was obsessed iwth my HG and needed to get a fresh outlook on everything and try something new! I have gone back to work and stopped my meds. I am still maintaing the 25 pounds lost and not gaining any weight. I am 18 weeks today! We find out the sex of the baby on Novemebr 4 and I can nto wait! I still do nto look nor feel pregnant! I know that sounds funny being that HG should make me feel more pregnant than usual, I have the opposite reaction. I still fit into my skinny side of the closet, something I found during this pregnancy and no one can tell I am pregnant! My girlfriends who are due around the same time hate me, as they are showing and gaining weight. How I envy them!

Anyway here is my problem. everytime I use the restroom for a BM I am in there for hours, with horrendous pain. I can not have a bowel movement without helping myself out. My Dr told me I could use Colace last month and it does not help. I have blood on my TP... No just a strain of blood but a lot of blood. Not clots just a lot of bright blood. I am only keeping minimal food down. I can not see any hemmorhoids. I think I have fissures. has anyone else dealt with this and is it because of the HG?

Please help an old friend!
DeCole Cody
Suffering in Dallas
Zofran Pump
Reglan - caused depression with pump
Phenergan Suppositories
DeColeCody
Welcomed Friend

Postby CathC » Oct 16, 2004 7:19 pm

I really suffered in my last pregnancy with constipation. I had never really had it before, even in my previous HG pregnancies, so things got really, really bad before it got resolved. This time I have been more aware of where things are at and where they could go, so I have been more proactive.

A certain level of constipation is normal in pregnancy, especially with prenatals. I think HG makes it much worse. Zofran is a HUGE factor, but so is dehydration, a lack of exercise, and a lack of fiber in your diet.

I don't know where you're at with your HG, so I don't know what you can do to work with any of those areas (exercise, fiber, hydration, etc.) I was getting really bad just this week and couldn't increase my fluids or exercise or anything, so my doctor suggested glycerin suppositories to help get things going. I am already taking two Colace per day. In addition, once I got over a really bad hump, I was able to eat some food (still couldn't handle much in liquids) so I have tried to pick foods high in fiber AND water content. This has actually helped. I'm on a fair amount of Zofran, so no matter what I am able to do, it will remain an issue until I'm done with that.

I hope some of this is helpful. I don't know what to advise about fissures, but a call to your doc may help. Plus, there could be internal hemmorhoids. You may want to get it checked out.

What nasty issues we have to deal with, huh? :roll:

Blessings,
Cathy
CathC
Been There Done That

ouch!

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 16, 2004 10:22 pm

I'm sorry to hear about the pain, the blood, everything.

When I was in the ER in May, I had a giant poo...so big I injured my tailbone. Yup, broke my butt too.

Praying for you. And will ask my son to do the same. He seems to have special prayer powers in that department. :lol: Whenever he prays for my mom (tmi) about this topic, she gets relief.

Love,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby CathC » Oct 17, 2004 5:14 pm

Hi...me again,

I've been thinking about you and had another thought.

Normally I don't consume caffeine, especially when pregnant, but the last couple days I have had a caffeinated beverage - just one per day - and it definitely helped! I don't know if you can tolerate anything with caffeine right now or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there...

Blessings,
Cathy
CathC
Been There Done That

Postby DeColeCody » Oct 17, 2004 6:04 pm

Cathy,

well Caffeine is something that I hold near and dear to me.... Maybe to close! It seems I figured that I was throwing it back up it would not hurt. Now I crave it so bad that I have had to go cold turkey! I wish it did help...

Thanks for the reply!

DeCole
DeCole Cody
Suffering in Dallas
Zofran Pump
Reglan - caused depression with pump
Phenergan Suppositories
DeColeCody
Welcomed Friend

Postby dwtegli » Oct 18, 2004 7:25 am

DeCole,

I also have fissures. I thought it was hemorrhoids, but my doc checked and ruled them out. I have a large amount of blood on tp after a strained bowel movement also. That is when I am not pregnant. It doesn't happen for me very often but when it does, ouch. I usually don't have to take anything for it. Caffeine does help though. The only thing I took for constipation during pregnancy is Colace. Apparently that didn't help you. Wish I could help with more suggestions, but I wanted to let you know that I deal with them also.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby MamaLily » Oct 18, 2004 10:51 pm

DeCole -

I'm sorry that you are struggling with this. I do have a suggestion: try a short burst of steroids. They may help you finally start to gain weight, and my perinatologist also told me that they can help things "get moving."

Just an idea...I hope you find some relief soon!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby kitty_doc » Oct 22, 2004 3:31 pm

My OB had me take Senecot-S for my constipation and it really helps. I take at least 2 tablets every single day. I have a fairly soft BM almost every day, but it is still work to get it out. I think the Zofran makes your intestines so relaxed they don't like to do anything! The Senecot-S has a stool softener in it, so don't take the Colace with it. I find that right around the time I have to go, I have a little bit of crampiness, but it is not that big of a deal and it is worth it to be able to go! It will not cause severe cramping or diarrhea like other laxatives will--I was very reluctant to try it because I was afraid of that, but I am so glad I listened to my OB! I hope this might help you. It will take a few days before you see results, so don't get discouraged. Best wishes!
Julie aka Kitty Doc
Rebecca 5/17/88 mod HG 22wks
Jessica 5/24/91 mod HG 18wks
Kathryn 5/2/02 severe HG 34wks
Olivia EDD 2/14/05 mod HG from 7wks to now
kitty_doc
Welcomed Friend

OUCH!!

Postby melissa » Oct 25, 2004 5:25 pm

I have just recently experienced the same thing as you. I didn't have a BM for four weeks due to the tpn and lack of eating/drinking. Finally I felt like I needed to go. I was in the restroom for one and 1/2 hours with no luck. My Dr. put me on a stool softener twice a day and still no luck. I am not in pain but fear for the next time I have to go. I fear also that I will hurt something in there......This on top of HG is not a good combo!
melissa

Return to Second Trimester HG