reglan pump

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

reglan pump

Postby cygnusgirl » Mar 15, 2005 8:22 pm

Hello,

I've been on a Reglan pump for about two weeks now, and just started developing these itchy red lumps where my sites were. I remember reading posts about other gals getting the same thing, but I didn't have much luck searching the boards for the old posts. Is there anything you can do for these or to prevent them? Are they something to be concerned about? Thanks so much for any info.

Allison
Baby #1
Nathan Anthony Sculli Jr EDD 7/14/2005
Severe HG since week 5
cygnusgirl

Postby HGx3 » Mar 15, 2005 9:52 pm

There really isnt anything you can do about them, or for them. I tried some Benadryl cream when they were really bad, and even das to resort to changing mt site every 2 days instead of every 3. They are nothing to be concerned about, unless a site were to get infected(which one of mine did). What a nightmare that was....for 3 weeks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Gross!!! Anyway, hope that helps some.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby meg » Mar 15, 2005 9:58 pm

Allison,

Well I don't have much to add to Lisa's post. The red lumps are either an allergic reaction to all the tape and adhesive or just a build up of the medication in the tissue around the sub-q site. Either way it isn't a serious problem. Mention it to your doc at next appt just in case.

If you use a heat pad or warm, damp compresses or take a warm bath when changing your site, this may alleviate the pain and itching a bit. I also found some Aveeno menthol lotion that helped a little.

Sorry you have this annoying little problem. Hopefully the pump is giving you enough relief that the lumps are a trade off worth making!
Hugs,
Meg

Mom to Anabel (7), Patrick (4) and Moira Grace (1)
HG Survivor
HG Free since 4.22.05!!!
meg
Devoted to You

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies