Is Zofran "worth" the constipation?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Is Zofran "worth" the constipation?

Postby niki » Mar 17, 2005 5:15 am

Hi

I have a question for all Zofran "lovers". I'm about to go and fight the UK health system for Zofran before ttc - and before I go into battle - I need to know if it provides enough relief to be worth the constipation horror.

I'm sure it's a very personal issue - and some people might have experienced less constipation side-effects than others. But I would be really interested to hear your opinions.

Thanks so much

Niki
niki

Postby Lil7Deb » Mar 17, 2005 6:39 pm

For me YES Zofran is WELL worth the constipation. I can function, I am a mom again to my 2 year old. It's worth it to me to have a little extra bathroom time every so often.
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Postby RebeccaM » Mar 17, 2005 8:00 pm

Granted the constipation is horrible, but it is defintiely worth it for me too. Like Deborah, I can somewhat function, whereas without it I would be a non-functioning mess. But I also stick to the absolute smallest doses I can get away with, and that seems to help. Good luck with the battle!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby HanJ » Mar 18, 2005 7:58 pm

YES definitely!!! As pp have said - without it my life was hell. With it, and some extra help from some stuff to keep me regular, it is bearable, and I can live (eat, drink and sleep reasonably normally). All the best with the fight, and if you do end up on Zofran, I'd say have a plan ready to fight the constipation too.
Hannah J.
Joseph age 11: HG 5wks-birth
Ellie age 9: HG 5wks-36wks
HanJ
Been There Done That

Postby Marie » Mar 18, 2005 10:11 pm

Yes worth every strain :)

Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie