Doctor in NYC

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Doctor in NYC

Postby MamaLily » Jun 18, 2004 11:14 pm

Tatouche -

This is for you! I hope you don't mind starting in a new post! :D

I'd be happy to help you find a doctor, if I can. Please let me know the hospitals where you'd consider delivering. Maybe we can find a good high-risk speciality who can give you good help!

Hang in there!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Doctor in NYC

Postby Tatouche » Jun 19, 2004 11:36 am

I delivered my first baby at New York Hospital in Manhattan. I like St Luke Roosevelt in Manhattan, NY Methodist Hospital in Park Slope Brooklyn, Beth Israel in Manhattan and at this point anywhere I can find a Dr. with experience in HG and a caring attitude.
Thank you very much for your help and anybody else's.
DH: 32
DD: 5/8/02, 7 weeks on IV and incapable of eating or drinking. Better at 14 weeks but vomiting up to end of pregnancy.
No2 due in February 2005
Tatouche

Postby leah44 » Jun 20, 2004 6:18 pm

One good thing about being in New York is that Matria is in Brooklyn. Matria is a group that does have lots of experience with HG. I lived in Hoboken NJ and had a NYC doctor (who I would definitely NOT recommend). My doctor didn't prescribe the right drugs and didn't even tell me my options for drugs, etc. but Matria was at least supportive. A nurse called me every day to find out how I was doing and I had some at home care as well. The nurses at Matria gave me lots of materials on HG and tried to help with food suggestions, life suggestions, etc. I really felt that the daily phone calls were very supportive and it was nice to talk to someone daily who didn't say "i know how you feel". My nurse even called me on Sept 11th, shortly after the tragedy and made sure my medicine arrived in spite of the roads, etc. being blocked.

Good luck .. wish I had had a good doctor that I could recommend. Now I'm in Philly.

Leah
(Derek, born 4/22/02; edd 12/6/04)
leah44

Postby MamaLily » Jun 22, 2004 12:42 am

Tatouche -

I found a great website that will hopefully lead you to the right doctor. http://www.wehealny.org/interactive/referral.html This website has an online referral service. If you choose "Maternal-Fetal Medicine" as the specality, it shows you some names of doctors who can hopefully help you.

I found a list of doctors at each of the hospitals you mentioned. One in particular sounds great: Lois Eileen Brustman. She was included on "New York Magazine’s list of “The Best Doctors in New Yorkâ€ÂÂ
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Trying to find DR. in Brooklyn, NY

Postby kelly714 » Oct 05, 2004 6:36 pm

I am trying to find a doctor in brooklyn, ny, that will help me with my HG. Im on Zofran and it isnt helping, im not sure what to do anymore?? Please help, anyone??????? I suffered with this my last pregnancy, Zofran helped, but not this time. I need a doctor who knows what im talking about.

thanks, Kelly
Kelly
kelly714

Postby MamaLily » Oct 06, 2004 2:24 pm

Kelly -

Is there a particular hospital where you want to deliver? It's so much easier to find a doctor according to your hospital. If you can let me know, I'll do my best to help you find someone great. Also, check out the Sticky at the top of this forum for more ideas on finding a new doctor.

- Anna
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby AndreaMMS » Jun 28, 2005 8:32 am

My doctor is on the Upper East Side, and she has been wonderful. Diagnosed me with HG early, sent me to the hospital when I needed it, got me hooked up with a service for IV's at home for a while, and has been willing to try different drugs with me to see what helps. She also ALWAYS calls me back right away, even if I say it's not important that she do so. Very kind, and empathetic. She's affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital.

Dr. Shereen Russell
212-570-2222

Good luck!

Andrea
AndreaMMS
Devoted to You

Postby shana » Jul 01, 2005 8:41 am

Can anyone give me more information about Matria? Do they work with physicians. What extent of care do they give? Thanks for the help.

Shana
3 children
5hg pregnancis
2 terminations
shana

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment