I'm finally out of my bed!!!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

I'm finally out of my bed!!!

Postby mjmama » Dec 02, 2006 1:34 pm

I've been in the bed since Sunday, that is until today. I've finally made it to the couch and am using my sisters laptop. I've been taking the zofran and it's been great for keeping me out of the hospital but the nausea is almost unbareable and sometimes it's harder to be at home and not be able to function like normal :cry: I was talking to a friend of mine and she was telling me about a friend of hers who used the sea bands to help with the nausea. She was saying how this friend told her that if she didn't use them she couldn't even get out of bed. I didn't even bother trying to explain that this is not like morning sickness and seabands aren't going to magically make things better. I know she was just trying to help but I get frustrated sometimes. I just want to yell "hey! this is not knew to me, I've been through this two times before. Please don't try to share with me how some "fluffy" got through her mornings with sea bands :roll: " I just said uh-ha and tried to change the subject. Sorry I just needed to vent a little. I hope all is going well with the rest of you.
Tabitha

Three miracles:
Malachi 9/29/01
Joshua 7/4/03
Lincoln 7/11/07

mjmama
Been There Done That

Postby Jenny » Dec 02, 2006 2:10 pm

WOW sounds like a rough week! What meds and protocol do you have in place? Have you rehydrated yet? sorry for the crackers!!
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby AmberWest » Dec 02, 2006 2:34 pm

((((((((((((Tabitha)))))))))))))) I'm so sorry it's so very rough for you right now. :( Though I have to say I'm happy to hear that your zofran is helping at least keep you out of the hosptial which is huge considering. As for the seabands.... :x About all I can say is it may be worth a try, but as we all know, it probably won't work either. :? Thanks for getting to the couch and updating us. I'd been wondering how you were doing. :hugs: [/quote]
AmberWest
Master of HG

Postby sarahkate » Dec 02, 2006 2:49 pm

I'm sorry the nausea hit you so hard. I'm glad things are better than they might be. I know you've done this before and know your stuff, but... how is your mood? You sound pretty fed up, I hope you are not sinking too much. Thinking of you.

Sarah x
sarahkate
HG Diva

Postby E-Mom » Dec 02, 2006 3:17 pm

I was at the hospital getting my gestational diabetes test a few days ago. While I was waiting the hour to let the drink take effect before they took my blood, a nurse who works with my husband suggested a seaband for the nausea.

I just smiled and said, "Great, thanks. Good idea. I'll stop by Walgreens on the way home."...while silently adding "JACKASS" in between sentences.

I know people mean well, but seriously!
Stephanie
Elliott, Kate, and Cole Image Image
E-Mom
HG Diva

Postby blessedw4 » Dec 02, 2006 5:01 pm

TAbitha Big :hugs: . I too was thinking about you. Glad to hear the zofran is keeping you out of the hospital. You might want to try a combo of meds too. I took phenegren which helped me some. More big :hugs:
Marti
With my 4 miracles Annie, Hannah, Nate, and Leah
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end
blessedw4
HG Diva

Postby simplekelly » Dec 02, 2006 7:03 pm

i'm sorry you've had such a rough time of it lately. the nausea is what i can't handle either. it's just so unrelenting. :hugs:
Kelly
mama to
Jake (1-9-02) MS to wk 13
Justin (6/13/03) NO MS!
Addison (2/16/07) HG wk 8-birth
simplekelly
Devoted to You

Postby NurseLiz » Dec 02, 2006 9:24 pm

Sorry you had a rough time this week- glad you are on the couch!!
The bed gets so old- and I hate when the sheets start to smell- sorry gross-
I hope next week is bearable- :hugs: :hugs: Liz
NurseLiz
Devoted to You

Postby bibliojo » Dec 03, 2006 3:13 am

(((Tabitha))) Ugh - I'm so sorry it's hit this hard already. I was hoping that you were going to get in a fluffy vacation there. Are you going to manage getting home okay? How much Zofran are you on? Can you up it?

And yeah, Sea Bands don't work. :roll:

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby carla » Dec 03, 2006 12:53 pm

Ahh, good ole seabands. Yep, didn't work for me either, but we are willing to try anything? I guess at this point you know to save your money :hugs: . I sure wasted mine on them.

((TABITHA)), sorry things are tough. The nausea is the pits. Are you keeping track of your keytones?? Maybe a trip for fluids??
Severe HG with DD (Gracee) 30/03/2006
Severe HG with DD (Amara) 01/04/2008
carla
HG Diva

Postby octobermomma » Dec 04, 2006 1:47 pm

Yeah...sea bands just put bruises on my wrists. Then I had sore wrists on top of the nausea and vomiting. That was really great! :roll:

Hope you feel better soon!
~Kelly
octobermomma
Master of HG

Postby acorn26 » Dec 04, 2006 2:19 pm

I am seriously thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts!
It will all be worth it in the end when you hold your dear baby.

Sending a hug~
Amy
acorn26
Devoted to You

Postby caleighbelle47 » Dec 04, 2006 2:50 pm

:hugs: Sorry it's hitting hard. I'm thinking of you. Hope the meds help keep you out of the hospital.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby tlm5999 » Dec 05, 2006 11:00 am

hey tabitha I hope you find something to help with the nausea. The Seabands did help me a little. Mostly with motion related nausea. But it helped me get from point A to point B without puking. If I forgot them dh would hold one point while I used that hand to hold the other. I just had to be near the toilet when I took them off. I used them with the zofran and phenergan. I just had to make sure they were in the exact right spot or they didn't work. :hugs: Hang in there hun.
Valin 05-15-03 HG
Liam 11-19-04 HG
Anna-Marie 9-3-06 Lost an angel
Jonathan Declan 12/28/06 Lost a twin
Declan James 8-8-07 HG
Joseph 6-4-09 non-HG
tlm5999
Opinionated HGer

Postby 3sEnough » Dec 05, 2006 11:38 am

I was using the Sea Bands at first, until the 9th week. That's when the pit opened.

I was admitted to the hospital and the nurses were impressed that I managed to keep one on. Truth is, I was vomiting so profusely I couldn't get the other one off. :lol:

I did tell them that they were a lifesaver for me in the beginning. They didn't make the nausea go away but they did help ease it tremendously. That is till now. Now, they don't phase me. They become more of an annoyance than anything when you are hugging the throne for dear life and they "feel" like they keep getting tighter with each stomach thrust.

At least it feels that way for me. 'Course I'm also now listed as a severe sufferer. I don't think I'm that bad off. Maybe moderate, but I know there are women that are suffering so much more than I am. Even if my doctor says he is happy to hear that no matter how bad I feel I can still see the positive in everything. Like, yes, I'm losing some weight and yes my body is weak and lacking muscle tone, however I am not running the risk of gaining too much weight (150lbs) with the pregnancy. My mom was not a sufferer and gained 175lbs with me. I was born 7lbs, 9oz. Yep, she said that every time she even thought she could be nauseas she ate. I told her that with HG, you are nauseas and can't think of eating, let alone the act of it.

I'm rambling. Sorry 'bout that.

FLUFFY DAYS FOR ALL!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
3sEnough
Opinionated HGer

Return to First Trimester HG