Diclectin 8X a day?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Diclectin 8X a day?

Postby bibliojo » Dec 06, 2004 7:17 pm

Motherisk says that it is safe to take up to 8 Diclectin a day. Has anybody done this? What was your dosing schedule like? I know with 4 Diclectin you take one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and two at night. Do you just double up (2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 4 at night) if you take 8? And did you find the 8 a day helped more so than just 4? Just curious.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby Atsie » Dec 06, 2004 8:00 pm

Hi Joanna,
I was taking 8 diclectin a day for a good while. I took 2 first thing in the morning, 2 at lunch, 2 at dinner and 2 at bedtime. So that was pretty much my day, taking pills! I went from 4 to 8 and found it made a big difference. But what really helped was taking zantac and maxeran with the diclectin. But they all made me feel better. and that was all that counted!
Erin
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Dec 08, 2004 5:21 pm

Thanks, Erin. That gives me some hope! I took 4 Diclectin a day when I was pregnant with my son, but found that it didn't do much for me. The first couple days were okay, but then after two weeks they weren't doing anything at all so I switched over to Maxeran. I think with this next pregnancy I'm going to take Diclectin even before I have any symptoms of HG and gradually work my way up to 8 a day, taking this in conjunction with other meds of course! :)

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby picklemum » May 09, 2005 9:36 pm

Hi all,

I also am taking 8 diclectin a day - on the same schedule as Erin - 2 in the morn, at lunch, at 5 and at bedtime. I am also on Zofran and neither of them even touch my nausea but this combination keeps the vomiting away. Good Luck!

Sheri
picklemum

Postby bibliojo » May 10, 2005 12:26 am

I had forgotten about this post! Anyway, just wanted to say that I talked to the lady at Motherisk recently and she said that it can be taken the way Erin and Sheri have taken it - just doubling up on doses - or it can be taken one at a time, just more regularily throughout the day. It's whatever works best for you.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies