any positive stories for second time Hg sufferers??

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

any positive stories for second time Hg sufferers??

Postby DH22 » May 21, 2005 5:07 pm

I am pg with #2 and had HG teerribly with # 1 and it has started again. Anyone have it end before the 9 months. I am so depressed about this. I was so scared to have another baby and everyone said each pregnancy is different, well not for me. I feel just like I did before and I am so upset. I hope it doesn't last. I do not know how I will survive. I have found myself not even excited to be pregnant. We tried so long for this baby and I have feelings of why did I want to get pregnant. i know that sounds bad but I am miserable. Any inout would be great.
Thanks
Debbie
DH22

Postby NutinStaysDown » May 21, 2005 5:50 pm

Debbie,
I replied to your other message too, but I wanted to share my experience with you. It is somewhere else on the forum too, but I thought I would try to condense it more this time.

First of all, I want to tell you that nothing "sounds bad" to a fellow HGer almost all of us have had feelings similar to yours. I wished with this pregnancy, which was very planned, that the baby would have no heartbeat at my 10 week ultrasound. That is a horrible way to feel about the new life I wanted so bad, but staying in bed all day with two toddlers wanting me to be a mommy was a horrible way to feel too.

Okay, so during my 1st pregnancy I lost 25 lbs, (I am 5'10" and weighed 158 to start with). I had little medicine (bad dr), I vomited for 5 months and was nauseous the whole nine months.

2nd pregnancy - I lost 12 lbs. Very little meds, I vomited for 4.5 months and was done with the nausea in about 6 weeks after that. I joked to family that I was only half as sick (based on weight loss).

3rd pregnancy - I am 18 weeks. I have lost 16 lbs. I had IV's almost everyweek and was on zofran. I have stopped taking my zofran, but I still fight the nausea on and off, but no vomiting in a week or two.

Although it sounds like your first pregnancy was much more severe than mine, you can see that my second time around wasn't as bad as my first. It is true that every pregnancy is different, but it seems as I read on this message board that most of us experience HG most pregnancies, but the severities range.
I have found so much relief in this forum, not one person in my life has experienced pregnancies like mine, except for here. I read and think, "Hey! Me too! Me too! Me too!" I am not so much talking about the vomiting and nausea side of it, as you might know "EVERY woman had that too." But the frustration with meds, frustration with food, frustration with people's lack of understanding/empathy, frustration of not having the fun pregnancies that everyone else seems to be having, the scary feelings of wanting to get pregnant again, then the scary feelings of being pregnant again, and the desperate cry of our hearts that we just want to feel good again. I hope that you find understanding and sisterhood here too.

Okay, Sorry Ladies, I tend to ramble! Just be thankful that you didn't catch me on the phone!
Jen

Mommy of...
Kelti - 2/11/02
Bree - 5/6/03
Bean Sprout - edd 10/15/05
NutinStaysDown

Postby Carcully » May 21, 2005 9:22 pm

Hi Debbie,

Our stories sound very similar...I had pretty awful HG with our 3 1/2 year old son, and then had 3 miscarriages before conceiving this time. Needless to say, this baby was wanted. Then the HG hit at 5 weeks...and I have had all the same feelings that you've described. I hope that you have a good doctor, and will be given something to help you get through this pregnancy easier. I am currently 9 weeks, on Prednisone (steroids) again...only much sooner this time, Phenergan, and Zofran. I am miserable right now, but would probably be even worse without these meds. At least I'm out of the hospital. I'm just hoping that it will ease after the 1st trimester. I'm relieved that this will be the last time we'll be doing this! How far along are you?

I hope that you begin to get better fast, and start to have some good days. I'll certainly keep you in my thoughts. Hang in there!
Bethany
Mommy to Carson Anthony (8-17-01) and...
Cullen Michael (12-18-05)Image
Carcully
Been There Done That

Postby RebeccaM » May 22, 2005 11:02 pm

Hi Debbie. Please check out the "Stories of Hope" forum (towards the bottom of the main forums page). It may not have a lot of stories about people feeling less sick through subsequent pregnancies, but it has some good stories with positive thoughts and outcomes. I know it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to be positive when you feel so miserable, but some of the stories might give you a little pick me up. I really hope you are able to feel better soon.

Re another post of yours: IV fluids would probably help a lot. I think it's Pamela who always says she knew when she was dehydrated because she would start to get really emotionally down (sorry if i'm misquoting you pamela :? ).
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies