Phenergan shortage

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Phenergan shortage

Postby Beth B » May 27, 2005 7:26 pm

If anyone else gets their Phenergan from Walgreen's drugstores, be warned that their supplier for the drug has stopped making it, which means none of the stores (at least in my area) have ANY in stock. Other pharmacies may have the same problem; I managed to find the 25 mg but not the 12.5 mg at a CVS (which is fine, as the pills are scored and can be split). Just wanted to warn everyone who's on it that it may become a but more difficult to find!
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Postby IslandDreamer » May 27, 2005 7:55 pm

Oh wow. That's awful.

Are you still working with the Phen and the Zofran?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby HGx3 » May 28, 2005 1:48 am

Isnt that a pisser!!!!!!!! Hope they get a new supplier soon!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby Mary Susan's Mom » May 28, 2005 11:40 pm

My pharmacy in West Virginia also had problems with filling a phenegren order. Their computer said it was no longer manufactured. That was kind of alarming.

-Liz
mom of Mary Susan (4-2000)
and one on the way
Mary Susan's Mom

Postby Beth B » May 29, 2005 7:29 am

I know I started with Compazine, but found Phenergan worked a little better - maybe that's an acceptable substitute if anyone can't get the Phenergan? Suzanne, I'm still also on Zofran and Reglan, trying again to get down to 1 Zofran a day so I don't have to buy any more until Thomas is born.... My mom just sent us some money as a gift, and it is SO welcome - what with the Zofran expenses, it's been hard to find money for things like William's big boy bed, a rocker for Thomas' room, all those other new baby expenses that add up.... But it's all going to be worth it when he's born - I just keep reminding myself of that!
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies