Aother baby!!!!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Aother baby!!!!

Postby anna8660 » Jun 29, 2004 7:21 pm

:shock:

Hi Andy and everyone,

You probably will not believe I am in this folder, but I actually wanted to get here, although not quite so soon. Quinton is 9 months and still breastfeeding, and although we tried the family planning thing it did not work so great. So here I am, barely four weeks, still very actively breastfeeding (please tell me I can hope that will make a difference). I am very exited, but honestly I am also very nervous. Is it Ok for me to brestfeed if I have to use the zofran, my little man would be so hard to wean right now.

I never even thought I would be blessed with one child, and now I think of the possibility of completing the family I always wanted it is just overwhelming to me.......

ps. sorry I have not been a good moderator, it is on my list of things to complete before (if) I get sick. It is something that is very important to me, I have just been so buzy trying toibe a good mommy to quin and I just started working the emergency room, longer hours. I will do better.
HUGS
Anna

anna8660
Been There Done That

Postby aaronsmommy » Jun 29, 2004 9:48 pm

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my!
You sure do know how to surprise us!
Congratulations!
I'm so excited for you (and a bit jealous too). What kind of support do you have lined up for you and Quinton? (other than us of course :D )
WOW!!
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby mammaclare » Jun 29, 2004 10:51 pm

Well congratulations! You sound so together about it all--I think in your shoes I would be a wreck. I am so in awe of your strength and just know that you will do awesome--even in the face of HG.

But, still saying a prayer for you that it doesn't strike....
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby Cheri » Jun 30, 2004 11:24 am

Congratulations Anna!
It's an exciting but scarry place to be in isn't it?!! I am about 12 weeks along now & am still breastfeeding Megan. (She'll be 7 months tomorrow). I don't know about Zofran, but my Dr. gave me the ok for Unisom. There is a book that Balissa recommended by a Dr. Hale which is supposed to be really good info about meds & breastfeeding. I think it was recently discussed in the breastfeeding forum. (Balissa gave me a link for buying the book & Dr. Hale's forum in a discussion when I announced I was pg on the HUGS forum, if you want to look it up.)

I really feel like the breastfeeding has made a big difference for me this time around. My biggest thing, is that for some reason, smells don't seem to bother me quite as much. Breastfeeding is the only thing I've done different, so I think that's the reason. However, it would not have been enough alone, so make sure you have your other plans worked out.

Congratulations & I really hope things go well for you!!
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby anna8660 » Jun 30, 2004 8:31 pm

Hi aimee,
oh my is just how I feel, I think I am better prepared this time, even for the worst, my husband is working from home, so he has been watching quin and he is great with him (so even if I cant depend on him I know quin can!) The best thing is that I kept my disability from my last job, which pays 60% of my pay, and I have a policy at my new job which is also 60%, so I will actually make more on disability than at work, but I will still try to work, especially since it is another new job, that was really hard to get, and my dream job! I remember that aaron did not sleep through the night, quin has that problem really bad, usually at least 3 times a night and never asleep more than 3 hours at a time, always has to nurse to sleep, any ideas how to break him of this?? I never expected to still be up all night at this point!! I have a friend that just got a surrogate, she has lost 3 babies around 6 months due to incompetent cervix. She will be a mommy soon, have you ever thought of doing that, it is expensive, but I am sure not as expensive as taking 9-12 moonths off of work.!

Hi Clare,
I just sound together really I am having anxiety attacks, I just try to meditate through them, really I am more worried about not being there for quin, not being able to continue nursing etc, way more than the HG. I am hoping everything is a little easier but i am prepared to handle it if it is not, and then I will be done with HG forever and that will be great!!

Hi Cheri,
Congratulations to you too!! It is a little overwhelming, thanks for the info on breastfeeding, I will do anything to keep trying it, that would be great if it did make it better. 12 weeks along is great, is the worst usually over for you by the 2nd trimester?

Thanks its nice to talk to you guys about this, as always
HUGS
Anna

anna8660
Been There Done That

Postby aaronsmommy » Jun 30, 2004 10:40 pm

I wish I had a secret on sleep! Aaron was usually waking at least once a night until about 2 months ago. At 9 months he was waking about every 45 minutes! We ended up having to have him do a bit of crying, mostly at nap times because he refused to fall asleep for Mike and would just scream anyway from being tired. It was one night around 9 months when he switched from needing to be touching to sleep to not being able to sleep when he was in bed with us anymore and we had to move him to his own room. He really did sleep longer in his own room even though I always went to him when he woke up (we have a bed in there for the 2 of us) and eventually he started sleeping. When we were on vacation recently we had to put his crib in the bathroom because he still can't sleep if he's in the same room as us.
Surrogacy has never felt right for either if us, I think for different reasons. Someday we may decide on adoption, but it still doesn't feel quite right now - with time, I'm hoping it will. Cost is not an issue with the decision, because nothing would cost as much as pg!!
My feeling is that it could never be your dream job if they think poorly of you for taking time off that you need. I would love to see you take the time you need this time, and you'll want to spend what energy you have on Quin, not work (that's great that his daddy is going to be there for him, though).
He's adorable, by the way!!
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby RebeccaM » Jul 01, 2004 5:13 pm

Anna,

Congratulations! My little 9-month-old sweetheart was born just two days before yours!

What a surprise to find out you're pregnant again! I would be a wreck if I was in your position. I promised myself a fun summer (I didn't get one last year :( ) and then we might ttc in Sept. I don't know what I would do if I didn't get my summer. :lol:

Take care of yourself. You will do great! And I might be following in your footsteps very soon.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby anna8660 » Jul 02, 2004 8:15 pm

Hi Rebecca,

I remember you and how is tierra?? isn't it all going so quick! Unfortunately I miscarried, so I will be trying again around the same time that you are trying.

I am trying not to be too sad, I think I deserve a nice summer too!! Thinking of last summer I cant imagine going through that again, but there are actually a couple moments of pregnancy that I miss, like all of the kicking inside of me! :)

Maybe we will have two little ones the same age.......
HUGS
Anna

anna8660
Been There Done That

Postby RebeccaM » Jul 02, 2004 8:42 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry Anna! I don't know what to say! HGers should be exempt from miscarraiges. We already have enough pregnancy issues to worry about. It sounds like you are coping well, but it's always nice to know that these forums are available for emotional support.

I know what you mean about a missing those special pregnancy moments (although they were DEFINITLY few and far between). Maybe I'm crazy, but I think I'm at that point where I kind of forget how horrible HG is and I miss the excitement and anticipation of welcoming a new little person into the world. I guess it works that way for a reason, because otherwise I would NEVER go through it again! (lol)

I hope you will be posting in this forum again very soon, but until then, enjoy your summer! You definitely deserve a nice one.

BTW- Quinton is a doll! Tierra is still a tiny little thing weighing it at a mere 14 lbs. 13 oz. And she's not crawling yet, but I'm okay with that. Besides that, she's great! :)
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby Ivydragon » Jul 04, 2004 11:26 am

Oh, Anna! :shock: :cry: That pretty much sums up how I'm feeling after reading your posts.

I am so sorry that you have miscarried. Such a roller coaster to experience all of that excitement and panic and immediate planning and everything to then miscarry and then have to deal with those emotions, too.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do. Huge hugs, and I suppose I'll be seeing you in the preparing for HG folder now!

Quin is too young to remember your HG, and will be for several years to come. Looks like you should hold on to that disability coverage. :) Maybe a few more months into this new job will allow you to feel like you can take the time you need for yourself. Still hard to know what might have been, though.

love to you, and first and foremost your family comes before the forum - always.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby Cheri » Jul 04, 2004 11:42 am

Oh Anna,
I am sooo sorry. It is just not fair!!! Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to stop it from happening, does it? (I am coming into the period of time when my miscarriage happened, so I'm quite paranoid at the moment).

Be good to yourself & try to enjoy your summer & your little sweetie.
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby anna8660 » Jul 04, 2004 8:21 pm

Hi Andy,
Thanks for writing back, it has been quite a roller coaster this week feels more like a month to me!! I am sad, but what a miracle that I even get #1, to wish for # two is enough right now, but there are still moments I am very sad.

Thanks for understanding about me not being able to pull my stories together for the l"loss" folder. Every time I think about trying it just feels too overwhelming to me, and I guess I am so happy being a mommy its hard sometimes to deal with the road that got me here. I know it will be good for me to deal with it, and bring it all together, and with this recent loss I have thought a lot about it, I will pull it together soon, and I do still post and respond to the women who come there.

I hope quin is young enough that he does not remember and it does not affect our relationship, he is quite the mamms boy and I love that about him!!!

I will wait a few months then try, I am getting old and I feel like I need to hurry a bit, I want quin to have a sibling to grow up with, his half brothers are 21 and 19 so not exactly playmates!!

You seem to be doing great, and definitely doing great things here, keep it up you are making amazing differences in peoples lives, including mine!!

Aimee,
Yes I am familiar with the every 15 minute wake up plan, some nights are worse than others, I do try his crib but after getting up a couple times I just bring him to my bed, mostly cause I am exhausted, he can pretty much nurse from there with out me completely waking up. I know there is no majic answer (ihave read every book and tried everything, except the crying) It is nice to know that Aaron is sleeping and Quin may catch on one day.

Your little guy is a cutie pie too!! Aren't little boys fun!

Hi Cherri,
Thanks for the thoughts, it must be hard to pass that marker but you will be fine!! It is something I think that never leaves your heart.

Quin is keeping me busy and smiling, so it does help.

Rebecca,
14 pounds, what a little cutie patootie!! Quin has not weighed that since about 4 months I think!! At his last appiointment he was 23 pounds and 31 inches, he is a little giant!! And he is crawling, and it is cute but tiring, I dont care if he walks til hes two, but I think it will happen soon, he is a little daredevil, already trying to climb on things!!

Thanks to you all for writing and your support!!!!!!
HUGS
Anna

anna8660
Been There Done That

Return to First Trimester HG