another Colace question...trying to optimize perfomance ;)

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

another Colace question...trying to optimize perfomance ;)

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 09, 2005 9:31 pm

Okay, so I talked with Beth (Beth B.) and realized I needed 3 Colace per day. What I'm wondering is if it matters when I take them? Currently, due to the need to spread out a million pills (you all know what I mean), I'm taking all the Colace at once. Will I get better "performance" if I spread out the Colace throughout the day?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby HGx3 » Jun 09, 2005 10:42 pm

I always took them at the same time, usually at night, so I could poop in the am, I dont know about spacing them, however, keep in mind that I ended up in the hospital with a stool impaction, so maybe you shouldnt take my advice on the subject :oops:
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby Beth B » Jun 10, 2005 12:54 pm

I take all mine together at bedtime, because otherwise they'd get lost in the confusion of all the other pills. That seems to work, but I've never tried spacing them out to compare.
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Postby pippa » Jun 13, 2005 8:53 pm

I spaced them, but had better results with them all together. Also, if you can get ANY fiber in your diet, that can help.

<FOODMENT>I've had better luck with Mini-Wheats than anything with bran, which came right back up.</FOODMENT>

~ pippa

^i^ Baby ^i^ 4.95
Beanie 1.10.00 - severe NVP
^i^ Sprout ^i^ 6.01
Buster 3.07.02 - normal NVP
Bug 8.10.03 - normal NVP
Tattoo (One determined baby... got past a tubal ligation!) due 9.23.05 - HG for something different
pippa
Welcomed Friend

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies