my miricle drug percoset

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

my miricle drug percoset

Postby halgal427 » Jul 21, 2004 12:36 pm

i know that this sound awful but my miricle is percoset or oxycodone. i was taking it for an unrelated (to hg) problem. my obgyn said that it was safe to take in pg so i used it to relieve pain and low and behold...my nausea was relieved too! it is not perfect. it help make the nausea barable. and it only works when i'm well hydrated (i now have iv fluid so that has become easier) and helps to have a little something in my tummy. that is the hard part. my initial problem has now passed and i am using the remaining pills to control the nausea. they are almost gone and i'm not sure if i will ask my obgyn how it has helped and if i can keep taking it. just thought i would share this odd find
kim
edd 3-9-05
haley 4-27-96
devyn 11-20-99
isabelle 12-30-02
halgal427
Welcomed Friend

Postby RebeccaM » Jul 21, 2004 12:44 pm

That's interesting. I took percoset after I delivered to help with the pain. It mad me feel sooooooo good! :) I can see how people could get addicted to pain killers! I'm wondering what the risk of becoming addicted to percoset is? I know for me, anything I took for nausea needed to be something I could take long term. Would that be a possibility with the percoset? I will be interested to hear what your obgyn says. Keep us posted.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby jjbeck » Jul 24, 2004 11:00 pm

I could see how it could help. I was actually thinking abou this not too long ago. I had some tylox leftover from my c/s. I took one for bladder pain not too long ago and found that it left me feeling healthier than ever. The pain in my joints, EXTREEEEME fatigue had all subsided. I felt so good. I know pain killers can sometimes cause nausea, but I could see how it could help....esp for those of us whose nausea worsens with fatigue and pain.

Anyone else have luck with this med during pg?
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies