DC - Visual HG Timeline

The HER Foundation presented a Congressional Briefing on Sept. 28, 2005.

Moderator: Kimber

DC - Visual HG Timeline

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 31, 2005 5:39 pm

Working on the whole visual impact w/ HG, too, I thought of doing a timeline - you know, how a "normal" pg goes, and how an HG pg goes.

I'm interested in women who would share their timeline - the ideal is to find women who have pictures taken of them throughout their pregnancies! Has ANYONE with HG taken traditional pictures of themselves throughout the pg?!?

Even if the pictures aren't an option, a detailed pg history timeline w/ meds and hospitalizations and IVs, and ultrasounds, etc. will look way different than a traditional pregnancy - I think there would still be a significant impact here. Anyone interested?

1 - normal pg woman - someone must know someone who took regular photos of themselves through the pg, and has a "normal" as "normal" can be pg? If not, I'll use someone I know, but I'm not sure on how many pictures there are.

2 - mild HG - I could easily use myself, but there are no pictures of me before 14 weeks pg - hmmm, somehow missing the whole sick thing.

3 - moderate HG - could use me here instead, but again, no pictures - this time not until nearly 20 weeks and certainly can't put me twice, right?

4 - severe HG - ok, so who is brave enough?

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby shearn01 » Aug 31, 2005 6:02 pm

Andy,
I of course did NOT take pics, but would otherwise be willing to lend my timeline, just let me know.
Sabrina
Andrew 4/19/05
shearn01
Been There Done That

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 31, 2005 6:07 pm

I know . . . I think we lost the camera when I was pg - no pics of my son, either.

Go ahead and type up a timeline for me, and let me know if you're mild or moderate or severe, cause I can't remember everyone's pgs. I think I'd like to present Kimber with options if possible and see what she has in mind for each level - you know, go for the best display. I'm afraid to hold out for pictures, though, so I better get some timelines together despite them.

Thanks! Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby jjbeck » Aug 31, 2005 8:40 pm

HI Andy. I have not taken pics. I wish I had. The first HG which was severe, whould have been quite the site. The second too for that matter after seeing ho much I balloned out after the steroids in contrast to the first where I lost 30 pounds in 4 or 5 weeks.
Anyway I will do my best to timeline them for you.Is there anything specific you want me to include?
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Postby aaronsmommy » Aug 31, 2005 9:16 pm

I compiled all of my posts from the Delphi forum in to a diary of sorts. I could go through it and make a timeline - how long do you think we want it to be??? Hmm, and I'd have to find the time, maybe this weekend if I have any epiphanies about what I'm planning to say in the first place. You're welcome to the whole diary of course, but I'm not sure anyone really wants to read that!!

I only have pictures at about 33 weeks. They're lovely of course :wink: I did send some to Kimber already, so she does have those.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby Ivydragon » Sep 01, 2005 12:36 am

I'm thinking the more detailed the better. Show more of the differences between each level of HG. Maybe not every vomit, but maybe a few milestones. Certainly drugs and PICC lines, etc., hospitals and the like. Easier for me to leave out info if it's too detailed than ask for more detail!

Andy
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby jjbeck » Sep 01, 2005 8:59 am

Should I just get my records from the first preg to make it easier? And the post preg issues that arouse as a result of the HG and the HG meds.... the cardiac stuff and the ppd/ptsd?
Last edited by jjbeck on Sep 01, 2005 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Sep 01, 2005 10:19 am

I can probably work up some kind of timeline for you, mild for a whole pregnancy, moderate for first and this pregnancy. I have no photos though. I don't think I was out enough to get any. I would offer to photo the rest of this pregnancy, but that won't be done until march, wouldn't help you in sept.

Would you like a photo time line for future reference? I would be willing to do it, but if you could get a newer mama to be it would be ideal.
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby BrandiJK » Sep 01, 2005 3:14 pm

I know this would not be helpful for the CD trip...again I am future thinking.

I was sitting being rehydrated today, and you know, there is not much else to do but think. And it dawned on me, a daily journal. I don't know if any one has one of these around their HG. I know I write down all I eat, drink, every time I pee, vomit, what pills I take, and when I have been seen (for any reason). If that could be combined with a journal of dealing with HG...that would be pretty amazing. Jeeze...one could even create a book just on the emotional upheval of HG.
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Ivydragon » Sep 01, 2005 4:45 pm

Brilliant! Maybe we need to be doing some future thinking here, because I know this is intended, and hoped to be a first future briefings, I think . . .

What if we got HGers to do the photo and journal thing from the beginning. Within 9 months to a year we'd have some great examples all mapped out w/ quotes and pictures. Wow.

I'm going to ask Kimber about this - it might have such impact that we should shelve this idea for it to be presented fully instead of thrown together or this go around. Will report back.

Andy
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby caty » Sep 01, 2005 9:25 pm

I don't have pics throughout my pg's for obvious reasons. But my first child was induced, and I have a frontal pic of me in the hospital in the gown before they started anything. 140lbs at full term. Let me know if that would help at all, and I'd be willing to do timelines of both pgs if that would help.

~Caty

caty
Been There Done That

Postby mammaclare » Sep 01, 2005 10:03 pm

Andy-

I do have pics of me--the earlier ones are w/o a face as I looked SO bedraggled. But, I do have some that show that even late in PG, when most women are glowing, HG mommies have dark cirles under their eyes from anemia, and a gray/yellow pallor to their skin (and this in the height of summer).

I am happy to share them, I have put some up on a photo host so let me know if you want any of them for your timeline.

38 weeks:

[url]http://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/mamma2be/DSC00033.JPG
[/url][img]http://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/mamma2be/DSC00033.JPG
[/img]

24 (?) weeks:

[url]http://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/mamma2be/MVC-736S.JPG
[/url][img]http://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/mamma2be/MVC-736S.JPG
[/img]

32 (?) weeks:

[url]http://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/mamma2be/belly2.JPG
[/url]
[img]http://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/mamma2be/belly2.JPG
[/img]

And in case you need a comparison to see that I am normally a pretty okay looking person (when not plagued w/ HG):

Easter 2005

[url]http://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/mamma2be/DSC02053.JPG
[/url]
[img]http://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/mamma2be/DSC02053.JPG
[/img]
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby mammaclare » Sep 01, 2005 10:07 pm

OKay not sure what I did wrong here. Can't get it to work. I am emailing you the pics.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby RebeccaM » Sep 02, 2005 10:54 pm

I think it would be awesome if someone made a video diary, documentary style, of an entire HG pg. I seriously considered documenting my last one starting from even before conception, but I ultimately decided against it. But it would be so great to document the whole thing, from the extensive preparation and the crazy emotional rollercoaster of ttc, to the actual pregnancy itself and the hell that accompanies it, and finishing up with the post-hg-pregnancy emotions (including the first post hg meal :) ). It would be so amazing to have all that on a video. I think people watching it would be REALLY shocked.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby danimomof2girls » Sep 03, 2005 6:53 am

Hi Andy,
I unfortunately (or fortunately) did not take pictures of myself while pregnant. I didn't want people to see me let alone the camera!!! I did suffer a severe case of HG though and would be more than happy to offer you a timeline of my treatments! Just let me know what format you'd like it in!

Thanks!
Danielle
SURVIVED HG TWICE!
Kaitlyn Elise (11/22/99) - Hospitalized 13 times
Julia Leigh (02/03/02) - Given Zofran SubQ pump
Rec'd TPN's via Hickman Catheter from 7 weeks gestation till birth after failed enteral treatment.
danimomof2girls
Welcomed Friend

Postby UKmommy » Sep 03, 2005 8:24 am

I have a few photos of me right after I had my termination, look like a walking skeleton, I weighed 89 pounds. I hate to look at them. If you want them, i will have to mail them to you as I dont have a scanner!

1 NON hg pregnancy, Dusty, 16 years old
2 Severe Hg pregnancy, loss
3 Mild HG pregnancy Josh, 6 years old

Preg with twins due Feb 2011. Fluffy pregnancy !!!
UKmommy
Been There Done That

Postby aaronsmommy » Sep 07, 2005 5:45 pm

Andy, I sent you my diary. I did a first editing to make it shorter, and I only managed to get it from 75 pages to 30!!

If you think it seems like something you will use, give me some guidelines on length and I'll see what I can do.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby HelenA » Sep 07, 2005 5:59 pm

I have my whole pregnancy in an online journal, you can copy and paste it or print it if you want it...Here's the link.
http://groups.msn.com/HyperemsisSupport ... et_threads

My mum has loads of pics of me while pregnant, and I have a few myself, so I can get them off her and scan them if you want them.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby AmberWest » Sep 09, 2005 7:35 pm

Okay, Ugh, this is what I'll try and do, I have plenty of pictures of me in my non HG days being I was a model for a friend to practice his outdoor/human photography skills on for college. I look rather normal and usually smiling etc. I will send one or two of those, and when I have my next major puke day, which I'm sure I will before the 28th, I'll have Fred get out the digital and take a shot or two of me in the throws of it. The deadly pale skin, dark circles and blown blood vessles ( of which I'm the queen of, they blow all over my face from my hair line to my neck). That combined with the grease slick hair etc. should be quite a contrast. :? :oops: I do ask though that these never get posted on the site if possible. But I'll be happy to do it for the hearing. They need to see what this horrible illness does to women.
AmberWest
Master of HG

Pictures??

Postby Kimber » Sep 18, 2005 7:28 pm

Hi all. I am putting together the board with pictures of ladies with HG. If you have a digital picture, or a few, please feel free to email them to me at kimber@HelpHER.org. I will need them pretty quick. I have no plans to add them to the site, just put them on a poster for DC. I respect your privacy and would not post them w/o permission. Thanks for your help!!

THANKS!
Kimber
kimber@HelpHER.org
kimber@hyperemesis.org
HER Foundation Co-Founder
Director of Ed & Research
2 pg w/nine-months of HG
Mom of two - 1999, 2003
Kimber
Forums Administrator

Next

Return to DC DELEGATION TO CAPITOL HILL