Kytril and Zofran together?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Kytril and Zofran together?

Postby rharrison81 » Jun 16, 2004 9:29 pm

I'm a little unclear about what I was told today by the nurse practitioner I saw. They have me on Zofran ODT 4mg every 4 hours but she gave me a script for Kytril 1mg bid (twice a day). I'm confused I thought these drugs were similar am I wrong? Is it ok to take them both?
Rachael Harrison
2 normal pgs, 1HG pg
Destiny '98, Hannah '01
EDD 1/19/05
rharrison81

Postby mammaclare » Jun 16, 2004 10:20 pm

Please call your pharmacist right away. They tend to know much more about actual drugs.

I did a quick search on Kytril and it is in the same class as Zofran, so there may be a problem. Then again, there may not be. However, I too would be concerned so please call a pharmacist!
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 23, 2004 11:57 am

Interesting. I just heard from another HGer that she's on both Zofran and Anzemet, which are related. I wondered about that...is there some new prescription thing happening here?
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

my experience

Postby ashleymoore65 » Jul 28, 2004 3:04 pm

I was given both in the hospital but they did alternate them. It did not seem to work for me as well as the zofran but I was so far gone that nothing was really helping. I do remember that they would not let me double up on them though. I have not researched this so I am just pitching in my experience. I am interested to hear what you find out!
Pregnant with #3. Praying for healthy baby abd live birth! Mommy to son Greyson- born 8/19/01, baby Moore lost at 15 weeks 3/09/04 and Mommy to Grant 6/29/ 2005. Severe HG with all 3 pregnancies. TPN, PICC, Zofran Pump, Hospitalization, Home Health Care, you know the drill!
ashleymoore65

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies