Does Unisom make anyone else jittery?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Does Unisom make anyone else jittery?

Postby SickGirl » Jul 29, 2004 9:08 am

I took Unisom and Premesis (B6) with my Zofran last night for the first time and it had me up all night. I felt jittery and itchy, but lost most of the nausea. Anyone else have this happen? If so, was there something else you tried that was similar that helped?

Thanks!
SickGirl

Postby MamaLily » Jul 30, 2004 2:16 pm

Yes, Unisom made me jittery as well. My doctor said it's a fairly common response, esp when Unisom is taken at low doses. Unfortunately it didn't touch my nausea/vomiting, so I was awake AND sick all night when I took it. This next pregnancy I plan on trying meclizine...it's an over-the-counter medicine used for motion sickness. I've heard some good things about it when used for HG.

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies