Probiotics

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Probiotics

Postby danimomof2girls » Aug 05, 2004 10:50 am

Hey you guys,
I just wanted to share a natural medication experience. After my second pregnancy, I would go from constipation to diarrhea and back to constipation. I would have diarrhea more than five times a week! My doctor thought that I needed a colonoscopy but told me that I could try "probiotics" first. Let me tell you how awesome it worked! It is good bacteria in capsule pills and is sold at health food stores such as GNC. I took it for 5 days and started noticing a difference. My doctor thought that my GI track had become sluggish from having the TPN treatments for so long and not being able to hold food down and that I had a build up of pylori or bad bacteria. I just wanted to share how good probiotics worked for me in case any of you guys experience this issue!
Danielle
SURVIVED HG TWICE!
Kaitlyn Elise (11/22/99) - Hospitalized 13 times
Julia Leigh (02/03/02) - Given Zofran SubQ pump
Rec'd TPN's via Hickman Catheter from 7 weeks gestation till birth after failed enteral treatment.
danimomof2girls
Welcomed Friend

Postby carriedodson » Aug 08, 2004 9:41 am

Probiotics are a great idea for anyone who has taken a course of antibiotics, too. These are even more effective if taken with an antifungal to remove the yeast in your intestinal tract (like nystatin or diflucan)
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies