Knoxville, Tennessee - GREAT MEDICAL CARE HERE!

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Knoxville, Tennessee - GREAT MEDICAL CARE HERE!

Postby danimomof2girls » Aug 06, 2004 8:51 am

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to add my doctor to your list! I cannot speak enough of how wonderful he and his staff were when I suffered from HG the second time around.
My first pregnancy was in Burlington, NC and left much to be desired. We moved to Knoxville the same week I got pregnant so I feel like I lucked out in finding a good physician in such a short amount of time.
His name is Lionel McCollum and he practices at OBGYN Consultants P.C.

They are at:
9430 Parkwest Blvd. Ste. 320
Knoxville, TN 37923
865-769-4444

Not only does he have a great bedside manner, he is very sympathetic and does all he can do to get you through HG. I was the worse case he had ever seen in his 20+ years of practice yet he didn't back down from it. He was honest in saying that it is very real although we don't know what causes it. I really appreciate a doctor who offers such honesty. His head nurse also called me on a regular basis to chat and was really uplifting to my soul. They didn't have any literature to give me on HG and I have found out more about it on this website than any of my personal investigating. I'm going to offer him all of the brochures etc and hopefully they will be of some use to him when explaining HG to new moms-to-be.
If any of you are in the Knoxville area, I highly recommend him!!!
Danielle
SURVIVED HG TWICE!
Kaitlyn Elise (11/22/99) - Hospitalized 13 times
Julia Leigh (02/03/02) - Given Zofran SubQ pump
Rec'd TPN's via Hickman Catheter from 7 weeks gestation till birth after failed enteral treatment.
danimomof2girls
Welcomed Friend

Postby MamaLily » Aug 06, 2004 2:07 pm

Danielle -

Thank you so much for this referral. A great doctor just makes all the difference in surviving HG!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment