Fatigue with Zofran

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Fatigue with Zofran

Postby MrsPaterson » Aug 11, 2004 6:43 pm

I am 10 weeks pregnant. I have been on Zofran for two weeks now. I am suffering from fatigue, a dull headache and consitpation. I have to get out of bed slowly in the morning to avoid passing out. I am eating small amounts now that I am on Zofran so I don't think it is malnutrition. I am pretty sure it is the Zofran. Some days are better than others but when it is bad I feel too dizzy and weak to leave the house and I definitely don't drive. So rather than being confined to the house with nausea and vomitting I am confined with light nausea and weakness. It is definitely better than the nausea and vomitting though. Is anyone else experiencing fatigue or headaches with Zofran? Do you take the Zofran at night too? I just take it once in the morning and once in the late afternoon? Then I skip the night dose.
MrsPaterson
MrsPaterson

Postby BlueEeyore » Aug 11, 2004 8:16 pm

I have headaches and constipation, too. I'm also exhausted, but I have no idea if that is the zofran. I'm not particularly dizzy.
Survivor of 18 months of HG - through 2 long pregnancies.
BlueEeyore
Been There Done That

Postby carriedodson » Aug 12, 2004 8:11 am

Hey there,

Funny you asked that... I am on 24 mg zofran and yes, I too have some days where the dizziness and fatigue are worse than others. I have felt faint and had a few days where I literally felt like I couldn't move. I am sure it is related to the zofran. I also notice that those symptoms are worse when I haven't drank very much, and it seems like my body is adjusting. The first week was the worst. I have been on it since 5 wks. I noticed these symptoms too with first pg. I wanted to also let you know that I think mine is related to low blood sugar- you might have the same problem that is aggravating HG. Be sure you eat constantly. If I get hungry, I feel like I am going to die. My heart races and I go into panic mode. Read the posts on constipation and you'll see what has worked for some people. I hate that too. best of luck
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Postby mammaclare » Aug 12, 2004 8:57 pm

Dizziness and fatigue are common symptoms of even a normal pregnancy, and can be magnified by the Zofran. The constipation is the big negative and I think every mommy on here has experienced the lovely side effect. The other two may be the Zofran, but as likely may be simply being pregnant and sick and growing a new being in a body that isn't quite behaving.

Hope you continue to be able to eat small bits. Also make sure you are staying well hydrated.

Hugs
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies