due April 17th

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

due April 17th

Postby stephanie greene » Aug 10, 2004 3:34 pm

HI ladies,

just wanted to check in. 4weeks one day along and doing fine with just unisom/b6 once a day. Had severe HG with my daughter, now two, and mc in March. Feeling prepared and hopeful now. Feeling ready. Hoping that taking the meds early will help and going to try acupuncture this time too. Found a woman who is also a midwife and she said she has had success with other pg women. Want to thank you all so much for sharing your hearts. Didn't find this website until after my daughter was born and it has brought about such amazing healing. I know without your stories of hope and encouragement I never would have ventured into this journey again. I pray for us all....smile
Stephanie
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

Postby Joci6 » Aug 10, 2004 7:49 pm

Stephanie-

I am due April 16th!! We'll have to support each other.

Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

sandra

Postby stephanie greene » Aug 12, 2004 4:04 pm

WOW! how are you feeling??? what were your past pregnancies like? yes email me... stephaniegrne@msn.com

Stephanie
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 15, 2004 2:56 pm

Thanks for the update! I'm so glad you sound positive and upbeat. I, too, have found sharing my experiences and reading others' experiences very healing. Keep us posted on your progress.

Huge hugs and congratulations,

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

update

Postby stephanie greene » Aug 23, 2004 11:23 am

hello,

6 weeks and doing well. taking one unisom/b6 in the am and having some waves of nausea but tolerable. have some zofran but haven't taken it yet. doing acupuncture and feel it is helping too. I see the Dr. tmw for the first time. still planning a trip to MT next week to see my parents...really hoping i will be up to it! hope you are all doing well!

Stephanie
Severe HG entire pg with daughter 2002
miscarriage march 2004
pg ...6 weeks EDD April 17th, 2005
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 24, 2004 1:36 pm

Sounds like things are going well. Make sure you pack your Zofran w/ you. Even w/ proactive means HG can all of a sudden surface, so you need to make sure you are prepared. Sounds like things are going well so far. When I get together w/ family the amount of sleep I get is reduced dramatically, and it has led to me getting sick easier, so make sure that you still place a priority on resting!

Keep us posted, and don't forget to know where the local hospital is, just in case you need an IV. Being prepared always reduces stress!

Good luck, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

thank you Andy

Postby stephanie greene » Aug 24, 2004 3:26 pm

Yesterday the nausea hit in the evening. i am taking the zofran now round the clock. Struggling to eat but doing it. Haven't thrown up yet. Saw the Dr and he was really encouraging...that helps alot. He gave me more zofran samples and two rx/s for more. He said to just call if I need anything and he is not going to hesitate to give me a PICC if I need it. He said no reason to suffer like I did with my first pg. Trying to rest and keep calm.... trying not to feel with each wave of nausea that this is the beginning of never ending nausea( it was the first time) this time seems to be different. waves of nausea...anyway... thank you for listening
Stephanie
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 26, 2004 12:30 am

Many HGers in your shoes try to enjoy each feeling ok time as they can (w/o overdoing it, too). Waiting for the HG to hit is horrendous, and very little can be done to make it easier. Knowing your options can help, being prepared can help, but in the end all repeat HGers have some time where it just feels like they are waiting for the worst to hit. This is when I think of how much farther along you are compared to not conceiving when you did, and just how close you are to a baby in your arms. These are a few days to enjoy knowing a new little one is coming, and that it will only be a matter of a set amount of time.

Some other things gals have done while waiting: haircuts for the family, extra meals in the freezer, lists of snacks and beverages ready for trying, spending extra time w/ our little ones before HG hits, one last date night before HG hits, etc. W/ proactive means, HGers have been able to delay that big HG is here day. I'm glad that the nausea isn't here to stay yet. I hope that it stays that way for longer for you.

Huge hugs, Andy
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG