Yeah! 8 Weeks!!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Yeah! 8 Weeks!!

Postby HdGAMom2B » Aug 14, 2004 7:22 am

Isn't it amazing, that, even when your days seem like forever, time still moves at the same speed? So, now we're at 8 weeks, and I'm dong well.

I literally pray all day long, I eat even when I don't want to. Here's what I"m taking:

Multivitamin (Premesis Prenate)
B6 3x per day- 150mg total
Zofran 3x per day-24mg total
Colace - 2 gel tabs at night (praying for a bm each morning)

Prayer -- can't forget to mention that. I've prayed and prayed for this. I am believeng that I'll not get in to the cycle of vomiting. I avoid certain places where smells are strong. I cancel plans, at family's house, if there's dinner. Again, the smells.

I don't like long car trips, I feel trapped, and don't like the bumps.
I go to work full time, as a teacher, and I come home, and literally, crash for the night. I tend to pee like every half hour, so I hve to try and drink as much as I can. My favorite is a huge glass of OJ in the morning, and graham crackers, as I sit at the computer to write.

I am keeping a journal, so that I can remember all of this.

I have not vomited. This is an answer to my prayers. I still get queasy feeling,a nd I stop whatever I"m doing, and get fresh air, breathe, drink something. But I have No Life right now, just because I feel so fragile, and becasue i'm trying to avoid getting sick. I don't make any apologies for staying home a lot,a nd I dn't care what my fmialy thinks, when I kinda burrow in bed. Because I know this is helping me.

Can't wait for the 2nd trimester. My biggest issue is the constipation. UGH! If I can just have a soft bm, life would be perfect.

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Traci in Japan » Aug 14, 2004 8:49 am

You're doing great!! So nice to hear. Don't apologise to anyone for doing what you need to do to look after yourself and your baby. You can catch up with family and friends and the rest of the world when you are through this all - they willall still be there. Sounds like you are very focused.

Wishing you luck for the next few weeks.
Traci in Japan
Australian, three boys (hg pregnancies and births in Japan)
Traci in Japan
Welcomed Friend

Postby Joci6 » Aug 14, 2004 8:49 am

Christy-

I am so happy for you!! 8 weeks and doing well - that's great!! Don't feel bad for being in bed - you take care of yourself right now. Have you had an u/s yet? I am 5 weeks and 1 day and so far so good. I am on:

Prevacid for GERD
50 mg B6 - 2x/day = 100 mg total
Citracal prenatal vitamins
50 mg zoloft - depression/anxiety

The one thing I'm concerned about is being on the zoloft but I really need it. I am also wearing the sea-bands - I'll try anything. I have unisom and zofran available if I should need it.

Keep us posted.

Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

Postby Natalie » Aug 14, 2004 3:50 pm

This is great news! What a difference to last time eh? Do you have a date for the U/S?
It is also really encouraging to others who are considering going another 12 rounds with HG - preparation, preparation, preparation...
Love Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby carriedodson » Aug 15, 2004 9:37 am

Christy,

Warning: Contains food info/recommendations
:lol:
Glad to hear you are holding on and doing good. You might want to try milk of magnesia or warm prune juice when your constipation is really bad. That's one of the worst side effects of zofran. Hope you can work it out!
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Postby HdGAMom2B » Aug 15, 2004 11:19 am

Thank you so much for the reception that I"m doing well. I never know here. It's assumed that I will get despserately ill, but when I'm not, I fear rejection here. This is a haven for me, you have no idea.

I've been using a few diff. remedies for the constipation:

Prune Juice ( I left it at work)
enemas -- how safe are they?
Stool Softeners -- colace -- generic

Today, I went to church and sang up front. After, I hit the door, and came home. That's all I can muster for going out places. our students are off for 2 weeks, so that's awesome for me. I'll live thorugh 2 weeks, in my first trimester, with no smelly rotten kids around. (well, their not mine, so in my noses opinion, they stink!)

THanks Girls!

My victories are:

Eating a Meal
Going Poopy on my own
Pushing through the nausea to get fluids into me
Going somewhere in public, without ralphing

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 15, 2004 3:41 pm

Christy,

You will never be ostracized for doing well! Yeah, in general misery loves company, but when HGers suffer a disease they would not wish on their worst enemy, and we all band together to try to achieve better pgs, we all are uplifted beyond our trials by even one successful HGer vomiting less!

FOODMENT: I also really liked OJ and graham crackers (my 2nd pg).

You really ARE doing well. You are managing this well. I was reduced to "rabbit pellets" during my Zofran pg. I was lucky to regularly have bm's, depsite how long it took. It is best to avoid becoming enema dependent if possible, but enemas aren't harmful if needed. If you can work any whole grains or bran into your diet that can help as well, but if you just can't, do what you can do.

One word of emotional prep advise. I know you haven't yet vomited, and I know that has been such an answer to prayer to you. IF you vomit, and I did say "IF", do not loose faith, hope, or start to despair. From the non-vomiting standpoint you still have a mile of options left. You may have to use more of those in the next month then you'd like to, but you are doing an amazing job, and you will still get through this and to the end with your baby in your arms. I just don't want you to set your goal and whether or not you fail on being vomit free, because I've seen other HGers soar through planned pgs, and still feel disappointed because they had prayed so hard to be healed, and they weren't. Don't loose your perpective if your HG kicks in harder. You are doing a fantastic job, and sometimes it is enough, what you're doing, and sometimes it isn't (and more of your plans must be put into use), and there's no way to know for sure until it comes. Always have your next step on your protocol plan in mind, so you're ready no matter what, and then endure by doing exactly what you're doing ~ focusing on small triumphs!

I just had to laugh when you said that since all the children you've taught weren't yours they smelled bad - I'm used to HGers complaining about how their husbands smelled! Mine = garlic, it was horrendous (had to ban Italian dressing from his diet - his skin even smelled like it!).

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG