Has anyone lost their mucus plug in 1st trim. b/c of Zofran?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Has anyone lost their mucus plug in 1st trim. b/c of Zofran?

Postby SickGirl » Aug 13, 2004 4:52 pm

The horrible constipation that my Zofran has caused has, I think, caused me to lose my mucus plug. I'm waiting on a call from the dr. right now to find out if I need to go to the hospital or not. It happened after tons of constipation straining. I'm worried sick right now and it's taking forever for the nurse to call me back. The dr. was in a procedure so it's taking a long time.

Any similar stories? If so, please share. Tell me what happened!

Thanks!
SickGirl

Postby carriedodson » Aug 15, 2004 5:10 pm

Just wondering what you found out.. I hope everything is ok. I know you have increased fluids when you are pg I hope that is all it was!
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Postby mammaclare » Aug 16, 2004 10:22 pm

I hope that the docs figure out that it was something other than the plug--discharges can be weird and nasty during PG so I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Now, having said that, and without being too graphic to a poor sickie, I have to say that I was VERY concerned about even pushing out the baby some days wiht my straining. I had terrible constipation and wasn't able to tolerate any softeners at all so I had to struggle through. I even used a hand to push up against my vagina to "hold the baby in" while I strained the hardest (all in my mind, by the way, not a doctor recommended tactic!) because I was so worried about it. At one appt I insisted on an internal exam to be sure that there was no prolapse. The OB humored me but about laughed me out of the room wiht the idea that I could "poop" out my baby. Hey, lady, you have never been there yourself, I thought!

Keep us posted!
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby danimomof2girls » Aug 19, 2004 11:06 am

Also, with the strain of trying to use the bathroom and if you are still vomitting, there are lots of capillaries that can burst and cause bleeding. I spotted regularly during my pregnancies and that is what it was. Discharge is strange during pregnancy anyway so if a considerable amount of blood mixes with it, I'm sure it resembles a mucous plug. I lost my mucous plug at 35 weeks and there was no question as to what it was (they named it correctly:) blah!

I hope everything is still in tact and that the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly! Best of luck to you!
Danielle
SURVIVED HG TWICE!
Kaitlyn Elise (11/22/99) - Hospitalized 13 times
Julia Leigh (02/03/02) - Given Zofran SubQ pump
Rec'd TPN's via Hickman Catheter from 7 weeks gestation till birth after failed enteral treatment.
danimomof2girls
Welcomed Friend

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies