9 Weeks!!!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

9 Weeks!!!

Postby HdGAMom2B » Aug 20, 2004 11:39 am

I can't believe it. 9 weeks, and doing very well. My favorite food item now is mac-n-cheese with tuna in it. Sorry if that makes you gag. It's my lifesaver. I"m eating it a lot, and it's so yummy to me.

I am still working, not sick. I am taking my Zofran, 8mg, rund the clock.. however, now that you mention it, I am weaning off the evening dose, because I seem to feel best at night. I eat more regularly, and I don't get that aweful nausea at night. I"m drinking water, and OJ.

We're gearing up for the new school year, so I get 2 weeks with no students here. We're a year round special ed school, so this is like my vacation time. We work, but it's just so nice to be here without smelly kids. And, to spend 2 weeks in my first trimester, without kids here, is a blessing for me.

We are so excited that I haven't been sick. We're praying to make it through the next few weeks the same. I wish I was showing though. We talk to the little Peanut, but I wish we had some evidence. Besides the whole body experience of pg. We havnet had an ultrasound. I think the dr waits til like 15 weeks, and then comfirms the gender at that time also. I just wish we had a belly to show for my excuses for not going places and such. Hey, everyone here at work is well aware of my issues. From top to bottom. And they're very supportive.

Still battling constipation. Ick. BUt taking 2 colace a day. Sometimes doing a suppository, or enema. Sorry to gross you out.

Just totally happy to be feeling well.

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby RebeccaM » Aug 22, 2004 3:53 pm

Christy,

I am just so happy for you! You have been through so much to get to where you are, and I think it's amazing. You put so much effort (educating yourself and others, making a plan, having faith) into your preparation for being pregnant, and I honestly believe it has made all the difference for you. I feel like even if the HG monster attacks harder, you will be able to overcome it with your preparedness.

You are my inspiration as I prepare for the possibility of being pregnant again (we will be ttc soon). I think your doing great!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 24, 2004 1:20 pm

Christy,

Wow! I think this is great. You must just be ecstatic. You know, it's so funny to hear you want to show so badly, how many times do we as women want to look bigger in our stomachs?!? I know several women pg w/ a subsequent child, and after wanting to show so badly that first time around women are just dismayed at how quickly they show next time.

You will show, and you'll be darling. Keep updating. The next 4 weeks are always the absolute worst, and you're on the back end of the 1st trimester!

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby HdGAMom2B » Aug 25, 2004 7:14 am

Yeah, I just want to show. It's because, I plan to do this only once. Don't snicker, I know, we're all suckers, we forget the crap we go through, and in a few years, I'll probably try to jump back on this wagon, swearing it'll be even better next time. But hubby even says, this one, then SNIP!

We definitely want to adopt. So, looks like it will be a sibling next time around the adoption roller coaster. God really works in mysterious ways. We're finding that.

So, each week, you're right, it gets rotten(er). I can't complain overall, but the battle wages stronger each week. I find myself taking longer to get out of bed, trying to make deals with hubby -- just one day off of work...

But I always get up. I get my bowl of Fruit Loops ( love that stuff, and the fresh smell of it is great!) and I haul my butt off to work. Saving my leave time for when we have this baby. It's a worthy trade-off. People at work are very supportive too.

The next few weeks are my biggest battle, I just know it. I pray that I round the corner to the next rimester feeling renewed, more energy, and able to actually wean off these meds, and enjoy this more.

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 25, 2004 11:57 pm

I don't blame you at all for not wanting to do this again. You've already faced HG once before this, and I can perfectly understand not wanting to um, "tempt fate" is one way of putting it. I didn't even sniggor, lol.

I hope you'll be able to wean down some of the meds, too. I was on meds through to the end w/ both my pgs, though, so there is no way to know if you can wean off or not until you're there. I enjoyed my 2nd trimester the best, had the best energy and wasn't so huge. Overall I took my whole pg easy, because I was so terrified of a relapse, and I had mild and moderate HG.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG