I told my boss

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

I told my boss

Postby JennyK » Nov 03, 2005 1:17 pm

I told my boss that I plan to get pregnant soon and that I'll probably be out of work with HG again. He already knew I planned to do it eventually, but I had to make arrangements with disability insurance and terms of my job.

He was perfect about it! :D They will support me and accomodate me. I asked for leave without pay and for them to pay my health insurance--and for me to have a job to come back to. He agreed without hesitation. I am so emotional about preparing for more HG in general plus my concerns about work that I started crying when we were talking. I am not one who cries easily and I am really embarrassed, but he was very sweet about it and told me I shouldn't be.

I'll get over the embarrassment, and I am SO HAPPY and SO RELIEVED that things are going to be okay in terms of work.
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby Atsie » Nov 03, 2005 3:14 pm

Jenny,
Thats awesome! How wonderful to have a boss like that. Knowing that you have that in place should make some of the stress of HG lighter.
Good Luck!!!!!
Erin
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby JennyK » Nov 03, 2005 3:20 pm

Thanks, Erin!

The other thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that my boss brought up the fact that now almost half of law school students are women and law firms are going to have to learn how to accomodate childbearing if they want to survive. What a progressive outlook! :D
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby BrandiJK » Nov 03, 2005 3:33 pm

what a fantastic and supportive boss! Great news!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby nomore » Nov 03, 2005 8:05 pm

Jenny-

Thats awesome :) Im so glad it went well for you..... and I understand about crying... its not something I would typically do either... but, just remember this is something that is not an easy choice to make & that in itself makes it more emotional :wink:

BTW- your boss has a great outlook! Now if only everyother boss was like that!

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Nov 03, 2005 8:08 pm

Jenny, I'm so very happy that your meeting with your boss went so well!!! :D What a relief eh? I bet a lot of us around here wish we had your boss! :D

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby aaronsmommy » Nov 03, 2005 9:09 pm

I'm so glad it went well. Nice not to have that to worry about.

Over 75% of new ob/gyns are women, hmmm.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment