Referral needed for Abington, PA area

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Referral needed for Abington, PA area

Postby kcmjpm23 » Nov 21, 2005 2:45 pm

In Southeastern PA.

I'd like to avoid intown (university hospitals) as I feel very sick from long car rides. But if I have to I will.

Thank you so much. Any information is appreciated. I have lots of hospitals and doctors around me but I don't know who does HG well.

I am preggars. 7.5 weeks from LMP and am almost maxed out on my Zofran dose. Current OB says not much left after that. yeah right.

Kelly
kcmjpm23

Postby Juliette Punchello » Dec 02, 2005 1:39 pm

Hi,

I live in Warminster, PA and am so sorry to hear that you are suffering. HG is a debilitating disease...I don't know how I survived it, but I am now the proud mom of a 17 month old daughter. When I first got pregnant, I was so happy and thought that my experience would be wonderful and natural as I didn't think that pregnancy was a "disease". I started with Midwifes out of Doylestown, and they said things like, "We don't think you are sick enough yet for additional help", and "have you seen a therapist about how you feel?". It was horrible...thankfully I was able to connect with Dr. Scott Dinesen who practices out of Doylestown Hospital. Even though he couldn't make me feel better, he tried everything and he believed in how sick I was...He is a great Doctor...when you call his practice insist on seeing him and not waiting for a "preview" appointment where you have to go in as if you are not sick with HG. You can use my name if you want to...he said I was the sickest patient he had ever worked with...Please let me know how you are managing and if there is anything I can do to help you or any questions I can answer...

Dr. Dinesen
599 W State St # 301, Doylestown, PA 18901
Phone: (215) 489-2066
Juliette Punchello

Postby jschwab » Mar 22, 2006 11:40 am

My doctors suggesated only acupuncture. It was actually my naturopath midwife who insisted I request medication which I did. She had HG so she understood - midwives sometimes have a better sense that it is not Ok to lose dozens of pounds, too. Unfortunately, the "it's all in your head" notion is promoted by some prominent midwives, like Sheila Kitzinger. This is based on her research in Jamaica where nobody has MS. Well, I might not have MS or HG if i was toked up on weed all the time, like the ladies there are.

My doctor who was receptive to patient suggestions about appropriate treatment has moved to a practice that doesn't take insurance - Her name is Daphne Goldberg.

Janine
NVP pregnancy birthday 1/19/03
Miscarriage six weeks 12/03
Miscarriage twelve weeks 3/04
HG pregnancy EDD 5/4/04
Cross my fingers PG EDD 11/19/06
jschwab
Been There Done That

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment