Questionaire answers for me...

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Questionaire answers for me...

Postby Laurie » Aug 24, 2004 1:31 pm

Where are you from, do you have a good Dr? I'm in MO and I have a fabulous OB!

What meds are you currently on, what has been tried in the past, and what doses are you on. Are they working - are you still vomiting, how nauseas are you? I'm using Unisom & B6...it's helping some but I'm still feeling very vile...nausea. Haven't vomited since yesterday morning so that's a plus. I'm using 1/2 Unisom + 50mgs B6 2-3 times a day. I have an appt today and will ask for Compazine. This worked to stop the vomiting in my previous pgcys. She gave me a prescription for Reglan but after reading about it here, I'm scared to take it (especially since I just came off my anti-anxiety meds).

How far along are you? When are you due? I'm 8w5d. I'm due March 31. (Hoping to go early since I have a history of BIG babies)

What are you able to tolerate as far as liquids and solids go? Breads, maybe a popsicle, bfast items are working best...like pancakes, cereal, pop tarts, etc. Great nutrition too!! ROFL

Do you have supportive help around you? Yes, DH is supportive and cleaned the house for me last night after he got home from work and put the kids down to bed. My mom is somewhat supportive and will do extras like take the kids off my hands for a few hours here and there. I also have my best friend who watches the kids for me sometimes (like today for my ob appt where I get a lovely pap...uugh)

Do you have a past termination or miscarriage - those emotions do come into play in the first trimester. No

Do you have any other children you are caring for or worrying about? Yes, DS is almost 4 and DD is 18 mos.

Are you trying to work? Aren't we all? ;) I'm a SAHM but that's still quite a bit of work. Plus, we were supposed to start homeschooling this year, but that will be delayed until I'm feeling better.
Laurie
#4 due 4-14-07, 2nd HG pgcy
10 weeks
Laurie
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 24, 2004 2:45 pm

Welcome Laurie!

Reglan does really help some women, just so you know, but there really is a high reaction rate reported on the boards.

I'm a homeschooler, too. I've heard time again that the baby IS the lesson, and that sometimes things just must slide. Still worth keeping them home in my opinion. Besides, if you must delay the start of a homeschool year, there's no one saying you have to stop schooling for the summer time. I usually homeschool lighter through the summer, but I just keep going w/ some things so that they don't regress in basic skills. Also, your children are still young, and so it's not like they are getting horribly behind in Mathmatics and science, and language arts, etc. Chances are that starting when you can will still put your child ahead of the average.

Please let us know what we can do to help. The max on Unisom is 3 full tabs a day. I often found that a full Unisom at night was more helpful than a 1/2.

Nutrition is not nearly as important in HGers as keeping food down, so if those breakfast foods work and stay down, eat them! Your baby will get what they need from the stores of nutrients already in your body.

Keep me updated.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Thanks Andy!

Postby Laurie » Aug 24, 2004 6:15 pm

I saw my OB today for my checkup and I discussed what I'd read about Reglan and she was fine with switching my script to Compazine, especially since we know it works. ;) So I have some of that in my purse now to help me relax, knowing that it's there. I have already started the weight loss...3lbs in 3 weeks. 3 down, 57 to go, eh?

Thanks for the perspective on homeschooling...that thought hadn't crossed my mind...lol.
Laurie
#4 due 4-14-07, 2nd HG pgcy
10 weeks
Laurie
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 26, 2004 12:06 am

Good, sounds great having that Compazine on backup, and always wonderful knowing of a drug that works!

I'm glad my words on homeschooling helped put things into perspective. I know that Mommy guilt all too well, and sometimes perspective helps relieve so much stress!

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG