anyone know anything about emetrol?

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

anyone know anything about emetrol?

Postby janiecw » Aug 29, 2004 5:35 pm

i had been on zofran but i ran out and i have no insurance i cant get more w/out going to the doctor which i cant afford right now. I was looking on line for over the counter nausea meds and i read something on emetrol has anyone tried it does it work?
janiecw
Opinionated HGer

Postby HGx3 » Aug 30, 2004 3:18 pm

No, it does NOT work!! Especially if you require an antiemetic as strong as zofran, than emetrol usually will not touch your nausea. You might be better off trying the b6 meclizine combo. It works for a lot of women.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby mammaclare » Aug 30, 2004 10:23 pm

Are you eligible for Pregnancy Medicaid? I am not sure of your situation but if you have no insurance then I would consider applying. They have much more lenient income guidelines for pregnancy coverage than for regular Medicaid. That way you can at least get the prenatal care you need and possibly the Zofran too (not sure on the coverage in your state).

I think that I recall meclizine (over the counter) is very cheap if you ask the pharmacist for a bottle of 100 or something, and the B-6 is not too bad either.

Emetrol is a joke and is nasty tasting--not at all what an HGer needs.

Hugs--please let us know if you want more information on anything.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies