acupuncture

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

acupuncture

Postby annie1005 » May 30, 2004 6:30 am

On my doctor's recommendation, I tried acupuncture last week. It did seem to help a little for a couple of hours afterwards, but then right back to the same old HG. The acupuncturist (who is a Doctor of Osteopathy, btw) wants me to go for a second round next week, but I'm not sure it's worth the expense and the energy. Plus, he gave me some herbs (something called a "minor bupleurum combination"), but I'm too nervous to take them. He claims they are completely safe for me and the baby, but I think I'll check with my OB first. I'd be interested in hearing anyone else's experiences with acupuncture and/or herbal medicines. Thanks!
annie1005

better late than never...

Postby stephanie greene » Aug 25, 2004 5:04 pm

HI Annie,

I don't know if you are still checking this page....anyhow, I am trying acupuncture now. I feel the same as you said, not sure if it's working. I am amost 7 weeks and have not thrown up so it might be helping. I am taking zofran and unisom/b6 round the clock. The acupuncture helps me to relax and is calming while I am there but I wonder if I could find a way to have a calm hour for no charge and without a poke??? anyhow, how are you doing now? how far along are you?

hope you are well,
Stephanie
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

Postby Suzand3girls » Oct 04, 2004 11:56 am

I had medical acupuncture with my second baby. It did control the vomiting for me but I continued to be exhausted and horribly nauseous. It was worth it because I stayed hydrated. That doctor was no longer practicing acupuncture when I got pregnant the next time and there was no other medical acupuncturist in my area so I went to a regluar acupuncture doc. He told me he coud treat me better than the medical doc because he had more training. I was in the hospital on IVs when my 3rd appointment was schedulded so I never went back. I don't know why the first doc brought relief and the second one didn't. I often wonder if I had been able to see the first doc for my last pregnancy if he could have helped. I won't ever know. I think it's worth trying, but if after 3 or 4 visits it isn't helping, I wouldn't waste any more $$.
Susan, 4X HG survivor with 4 beautiful girls, 7-18-96, 9-9-99, and 6-10-02, 4-8-08
Suzand3girls
Been There Done That

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies