Kaiser Doctors

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Kaiser Doctors

Postby wannabemom » Jun 09, 2004 9:54 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew about any Kaiser Permanente Doctors in Northern California. I saw Kaiser listed as a provider that does deal with HG which has me relieved because I'm currently under their insurance plan. I was wondering if it is their protocal to train their Doctors or in only certain Doctors have been trained?

I don't know if I should call and ask if certain ones are trained because I'm currently looking for a OB/GYN through them. I guess I don't know how about finding a Doctor that will be of help.

Thanks Danielle
Aimee

2 time HG Survivor
Kristin 6/29/05
Brooklyn 11/20/06
wannabemom

Postby MamaLily » Jun 10, 2004 3:34 pm

Danielle -

I think calling Kaiser is a great idea. Maybe the Customer Service people can't help you directly, but they can hopefully direct you to the right departments.

Ask them for high-risk OBs, or - better yet - for perinatologists or Maternal-Fetal Medicine doctors.

Do you live close to Fresno Medical Center? I was browsing on Kaiser's website and found a good peri in that area. Listen to what he wrote, "I have written scientific articles on the management of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy. " Sounds good to me!

Let me know how I can help. If you'll give me your city and the hospital you prefer, maybe I can help you find a list of potential doctors.

Good luck! The search for a doctor isn't fun, but it's always worth it to find a good one!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby sickmama » Jun 10, 2004 3:58 pm

I'm not sure about No. Cal., but I had Kaiser in So cal when I was pregnant with my daughter. They were wonderful. I always felt like they were willing to take the next step in my treatment, and they took my illness seriously. Though my midwife did not know much about Hyperemesis, she was open to try ANYTHING with me, and consulted with the head of OB often on my case. They also had a Hyperemesis clinic, where women could go without notice to be rehydrated. I was very happy with my experience there. My only wish was that I had seen a high risk OB or peri from the beginning.

Hope this gives you SOME insight...good luck!
Karen - HG Survivor
Mother of Miya Laurenza, born June 5, 2003 - severe HG until 16 weeks, then mild HG until delivery
Siena Michaela - due July 16, 2010 - mild HG 5-16 weeks, medically fluffy since then.
Blog: http://hgkaren.blogspot.com

"Courage is not about being unafraid, it is being scared, and doing it anyway!"
sickmama
Been There Done That

Postby wannabemom » Jun 10, 2004 4:45 pm

Thanks for the information I really appreciate it. :)

I live in the Sacramento and currently plan on attending the Roseville Kaiser office.

Sickmama, thanks for sharing about your experience in Southern CA I feel so hopeful and glad I have Kaiser. Did you ever go to their Hyperemesis clinic? I really hope they offer the same in Sacramento.

Anna, thanks so much for offering help if you know of anyone in the Sacramento area that would be great. I will probably put a call into them tomorrow and see if I can be assigned to a specific Doctor.
Aimee

2 time HG Survivor
Kristin 6/29/05
Brooklyn 11/20/06
wannabemom

Postby MamaLily » Jun 10, 2004 10:42 pm

Dani -

I found a list of Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) doctors in Sacramento. I've included it below (it's from perinatology.com). It looks like Dr. Colleen Hendershott might be your best shot...she's with Kaiser. Even if she isn't in the place you want to go, maybe you could call her office and get a recommendation of someone close. I don't have any personal experience with these doctors, so let me know what you find! Hopefully one of them will be great. Good luck and fight for a doctor who will be WONDERFUL...it will be so worth it!

- Anna

DINA EL KADY M.D.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER
UNIV. OF CALIF. DAVIS MEDICAL CENTER
4860 Y STREET, SUITE 2500
SACRAMENTO, CA 95817
dina-elkady@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
916/734-6948

NANCY FIELD M.D.
REGULAR (MFM) MEMBER
SACRAMENTO, CA
916/734-6900

SONAL GANDHI M.D.
ASSOCIATE FELLOW (PA) MEMBER
UC DAVIS MEDICAL CENTER
OB/GYN
4860 Y ST.
SUITE 2500
SACRAMENTO, CA 95817
sonal.gandhi@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu

WILLIAM GILBERT M.D.
REGULAR (MFM) MEMBER
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS
DEPARTMENT OF OB/GYN
SACRAMENTO, CA 95817
wmgilbert@ucdavis.edu

HERMAN HEDRIANA M.D.
REGULAR (MFM) MEMBER
5301 F. STREET, #110
SACRAMENTO, CA 95819
hedriah@sutterhealth.org
www.sacmfm.com

COLLEEN HENDERSHOTT M.D.
REGULAR (MFM) MEMBER
KAISER FOUNDATION HOSPITAL - SACRAMENTO
DEPT. OF OB/GYN
1650 RESPONSE ROAD
STATION 3B
SACRAMENTO, CA 95815
Colleen.Hendershott@kp.org

JAN LANOUETTE M.D.
REGULAR (MFM) MEMBER
5301 F STREET, SUITE 110
SACRAMENTO, CA 95819
nocahighriskpreganancy.yourmd.com

SHERRIE MC ELVY M.D.
REGULAR (MFM) MEMBER
UNIVERSITY OF CA
4860 Y STREET, S-2500
SACRAMENTO, CA 95817

LYNN MC LEAN M.D.
REGULAR (MFM) MEMBER
5301 F STREET, SUITE #110
SACRAMENTO, CA 95819
www.nocahighriskpregnancy.yourmd.com

DENA TOWNER M.D.
REGULAR (MFM) MEMBER
SACRAMENTO, CA 95817
drtowner@ucdavis.edu

ROSA WON M.D.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS
DEPT OF MATERNAL-FETAL MEDICINE
4860 Y STREET
SUITE 2500
SACRAMENTO, CA 95817
rosa.won@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby wannabemom » Jun 11, 2004 7:32 pm

Thank you so much for the great information about the Doctors in my location. Luckily I will have some time on Monday to make some phone calls and research the Doctors experience. I promise to I will give an update. :)

Thanks again
Danielle
Aimee

2 time HG Survivor
Kristin 6/29/05
Brooklyn 11/20/06
wannabemom

Doctors in NYC

Postby Tatouche » Jun 16, 2004 9:21 pm

I am six weeks pregnant with no 2. I have already started vomiting and salivating like crazy. My dauhter is two and my pregnancy with her was the worse experience of my life. However I am so in love with her, I decided to do it again. Now I am scared to death. My Gyn doctor is on maternity leave until November 04 and although she was great with regular pregnancy stuff, she was not the best with the HG. I had to be hospitalized 4 times for her to agree to see me. Anyway, I need a Dr. who has experience with HG in NYC.
Thanks.

I am sooooooooooo happy to have found this site. It addresses all the questions I had the first time around. I would love to be a buddy if anybody is interested. I don't know if I will be of any help during the first few weeks though as I spent them in bed during my first pregnancy.
DH: 32
DD: 5/8/02, 7 weeks on IV and incapable of eating or drinking. Better at 14 weeks but vomiting up to end of pregnancy.
No2 due in February 2005
Tatouche

Doctor in NYC

Postby MamaLily » Jun 18, 2004 11:11 pm

Tatouche -

I want you to know that I'm starting a new post for you. I'll call it "Doctor in NYC."

Please look for it...I have some questions for you!

- Anna
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby wannabemom » Jun 19, 2004 9:06 pm

Tatouche

I just wanted to say hi and welcome you and wish you the best of luck with your hunt for a Doctor.
Aimee

2 time HG Survivor
Kristin 6/29/05
Brooklyn 11/20/06
wannabemom

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment