Generic Zofran

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Generic Zofran

Postby joannajoachim » Jan 10, 2005 12:54 pm

While pregnant with my second child (and another case of hg), my prescription benefits ran out on my insurance. My doctor and I discussed other options (other meds, acupuncture), but nothing worked but my 8mg of zofran.
My husband and I searched online for a good price on zofran from a pharmacy overseas. We found it cheaper in Canada, but really cheap from pharmacies in India. We spent several weeks researching the company that manufactures the generic zofran, and found them to be very reputable. GlaxoSmith Kline is aware of this company (Cipla) and has even granted permission for them to manufacture several other of their drugs for aids patients.
After talking to my doctor several times (she felt confident that these drugs would be safe), we purchased a 30 day supply to see if I had the same positive effects. And I did.
Of course, anyone should talk to their doctor first. It worked for us, but it is always best to be cautious.
Mommy of Olivia 4/23/03
Mommy of Nathaniel 4/14/05
Mommy of Baby due 10/2/07
Thrice suffering from HG
joannajoachim

Postby Trina » Jan 27, 2005 3:28 am

Dear Joanna,

How are you going on the Generic Brand Zofran now???

Is it still working the same??

Let us know

Trina
Kind regards
Trina from Australia
HG Sufferer Twice
1st pregnancy: Beautiful baby girl Hayley 9/2003 (6 weeks - 21 weeks HG)
2nd Pregnancy: (4 weeks - )) Due: 27th June 2005
Trina

Generic zofran still working.

Postby joannajoachim » Jan 27, 2005 11:48 pm

I am now 30 wks pregnant and still suffering from hg. I am still taking the generic zofran (8mgs daily). It is working great. I still have a few of the regular zofran, and I can't tell the difference when I take one or the other. Of course, when I forget a pill in the morning, it only takes a few hours before I will remember. The generic zofran takes about 20 minutes to work just like the regular did. Hope that helps. I bought mine through the website www.medsranch.com. So far they have been completly legit. Good luck.
Mommy of Olivia 4/23/03
Mommy of Nathaniel 4/14/05
Mommy of Baby due 10/2/07
Thrice suffering from HG
joannajoachim

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies