I Found Help w/ Zofran

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

I Found Help w/ Zofran

Postby Krista » Jul 31, 2006 2:25 pm

My husband and I are self employed....well, he is self employed with a wife on HG leave. We have no health insurance that covers maternity because we have a 16 y/o and didn't plan this AT ALL! Anyways, I paid $242.50 for my first 10 4mg pills. Then I made a HUGE mistake and said enough of this, we can't afford that every 80 hours. So, I got on phenagren which did nothing for me. My parents came over on one of my absolute worst days. My dad had a complete fit from seeing his daughter begging to die and they called the Dr. She then called in 10 8 mg pills. This put us back another $430. I knew I couldn't live without Zofran at that point but we had to figure out a way to afford it. Long story short, we went online to Glaxo Smith Kline, there are programs that help with this stuff. I actually got 90 days worth for a $10 copay. The only thing is, you have to have an advocate. It can be the pharmacist, someone at the Dr's office or case worker. I do not qualify for medicaid so it's not like you have to be dirt poor to get help. Or, if your OB or Midwife can get the Glaxo rep to get samples that would help too. Usually the reps for Oncology only get the samples but if there are special cases which we all are considered they make exceptions. You just have to be loud about it.
http://us.gsk.com/health/prescription_progs.htm
This is the link.
By the way, the day I filled out the forms I had one pill left. I picked up 30 pills that evening. It was a lifesaver.
Last edited by Krista on Dec 06, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krista
Devoted to You

Postby krdoty » Jul 31, 2006 3:24 pm

Krista -

I'm glad you were able to get some Zofran. Thanks for posting about your success. I know others without insurance have been in the same situation. Maybe your post will spur more people to contact GSK for help.
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment