Killeen or Temple Texas

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Killeen or Temple Texas

Postby Where the blacktop ends » Jan 21, 2005 10:10 am

Scott and White doctors preferred since that is what our HMO covers.

Killeen is about 30 minutes away
Temple is about 1hr away
Waco is about 1 1/2hrs away (depending on where)
Austin is about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs away again depending on where (although I dont know any Scott and White doctors down there)

Thank you!
Where the blacktop ends

Postby Kschwintz » Jan 25, 2005 4:40 pm

Hi!!

I know that Austin is kind of far, but I lived in Austin during my pregnancy and I had the BEST HG doctor in the world. He is posted on this site, under the recommended doctors. His name is Dr. Reue (pronounced Roya). Their website is www.austinbabydocs.com if you would like to check them out.

I have heard of a few bad experiences with the OB's at Scott and White. Most of them were related to preeclampsia, and a young teenage girl lost her life because her symptoms were not taken seriously. I cannot remember that particular ob's name... Email me at kim@preeclampsia.org and I will look it up for you... I am sure there are some good ob's there, but I always CRINGE when I hear Scott & White, even though they are supposed to be really good.
Thanks,
Kim
*Ainsley (11-26-02) born at 36 weeks Severe HG, Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome
Kschwintz
Been There Done That

Postby Kschwintz » Jan 25, 2005 4:45 pm

I found the name of the person NOT to see, so please email me @ kim@preeclampsia.org
Kim
*Ainsley (11-26-02) born at 36 weeks Severe HG, Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome
Kschwintz
Been There Done That

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment