SEABANDS and HG

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

SEABANDS and HG

Postby emily » May 29, 2004 11:05 pm

I actually had my worst vomitting episode when trying to use Seabands in my pregnancy. The sight of them to this day makes my stomach roll. Anyhow, seabands are inexpensive wrist bands that apply pressure to an acupressure point and are used to fight off motion sickness. I know lots of people have had success with these, so they are worth a try. You can find them at your local pharmacy or mass retailer.
emily
Devoted to You

Postby Ivydragon » May 29, 2004 11:15 pm

Have you known HGers to have success with seabands? Was their HG mild or moderate? I've heard over and over they aren't worth trying. I tried them and couldn't stand to wear them at all!

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby Milli » May 30, 2004 4:25 pm

Seabands did nothing but put dents in my arms. I did have some success with the reliefband, but it's expensive and this pregnancy isn't an HG one, so I don't know if it would work and better than seabands do. I wouldn't buy one but if you can borrow one to try from your OB it would be worth a shot.
Milli
Rowan 5/12/02 - HG pregnancy
"Charlie" edd 12/15 - normal pregnancy
Milli

Relief Bands

Postby PamelaRose » May 30, 2004 10:17 pm

I was loaned a relief band from my OB with my last pregnancy. Probably poor timing, but I got it on a Friday, 2 days after my first vomit...I wore that darn thing through Saturday as vomiting increased, but by Sunday morning, I ripped it off and finally got some sleep (it annoyed me because I could feel the little shocks and kept adjusting it) before I hit the hospital on Monday for rehydration. Not a success for me, but I know of a woman with very mild HG for whom it worked.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Me neither

Postby Natalie » May 31, 2004 3:27 pm

I also tried these as they were highly recommended by friends of mine for all kinds of motion sickness. I, too, found them incredibly irritating - too tight and leaving big red dents in my wrists. In fact, I must have spent about an hour each day fiddling with them thinking that I must have had them in the wrong position because I still felt so unbelievably sick. I kept with them for a wee while thinking they might be helping and that if I were to take them off I would be even worse (if that were possible :D ). After a trial period without, I dumped them altogether - a total waste of money as far as I was concerned.
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby SabrinaN » May 31, 2004 9:59 pm

I bought some after my first admit into the hospital 5 weeks ago. I have to agree...all they did were put dents on my wrists and they were uncomfortable. I tore them off after my 27th time vomiting that day. :(
SabrinaN
HG Survivor
Mommy to 3 yr old D.J.
Miscarraige at 14 weeks - D&E in Jul 2002 SEVERE HG with this pregnancy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ALRIGHT !! Pregnant !! HG Again !!!
EDD 12/27/04
SabrinaN

Postby Joci6 » Jun 01, 2004 6:39 pm

Milli-

What on earth did you do to escape HG this pregnancy?

Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

Postby MamaLily » Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Sandra -

I've been wondering about you. How are you doing? Are you still ttc? Any good news yet?

I hope all is well with you and your family!

- Anna
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby querida » Jul 16, 2004 4:45 pm

I tried these, too, and they just made me dizzy.
querida

Some success...

Postby dolphinsnb » Oct 06, 2004 11:32 am

I have had a little bit of success with the arm bands when the queasiness is minor. But I've also thrown up while wearing them too! I'm trying to not take zofran right now. So, I grabbed the bands yesterday when I was starting to feel icky, and they seemed to work ok. Not as good as zofran, but without the constipation problems too....

I actually got the bands from a L/D nurse who swears by them. I certainly wouldn't swear by them, but every little bit helps!

Shannon
dolphinsnb
Welcomed Friend

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies