curious about Reglan and auditory hallucinations

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

curious about Reglan and auditory hallucinations

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 14, 2005 12:38 am

How many folks have had this happen? I have, so that's #1. Any #2, #3, or #4s out there?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby meg » Feb 15, 2005 8:51 pm

Suzanne,

I think Janine mentioned this in the 3rd tri folder, probably under my thread "Stomach bug? I hope so..." Until she posted it, I would have said no, but now I wonder? Shortly after I started driving again during this pg I thought someone said "Hey" behind me as I loaded ds into his car seat. Little things like that happened a few times and then stopped. Could have been auditory hallucinations now that I think about it... Who knows?
Hugs,
Meg

Mom to Anabel (7), Patrick (4) and Moira Grace (1)
HG Survivor
HG Free since 4.22.05!!!
meg
Devoted to You

yes, her post prompted mine

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 15, 2005 10:25 pm

Yes, Janine's post prompted this question. I wondered how frequent it was. I definitely had some...ugh.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby jschwab » Feb 22, 2005 4:21 pm

I definitely had this. The voices and noises were very clear and very close (baby crying, voices in my bedroom, dropped box) and not real at all. I had read your story, I think, so I finally understood what was going on and decided I could live with it. It disappeared by the next day and I have been in a great mood since (no hallucinations and no HG).

My husband mentioned it to a nurse friend who didn't seem concerned - thought it was a normal reaction. I have to say, though, had I not read about it previous to taking it, I would have completely freaked out. I was motivated to stick with Reglan because it is used for low milk supply and might help me develop some more breast tissue (I had no milk when my daughter was born). I don't do well on other anti-nausea drugs I've had before for bad gastro bugs and I had already taken Reglan for milk supply with no adverse reactions

I don't have any history of mental illness but my brother is schizophrenic. Maybe that's why?

Janine
NVP pregnancy birthday 1/19/03
Miscarriage six weeks 12/03
Miscarriage twelve weeks 3/04
HG pregnancy EDD 5/4/04
Cross my fingers PG EDD 11/19/06
jschwab
Been There Done That

Hi Janine

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 22, 2005 4:26 pm

I heard a crying baby too. Weird that we hallucinated the same thing. :shock:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Re: Hi Janine

Postby jschwab » Feb 23, 2005 5:36 pm

Suzanne wrote:I heard a crying baby too. Weird that we hallucinated the same thing. :shock:

I thought that was weird, too, except I had already read your post about it. Power of suggestion, maybe?

Janine
NVP pregnancy birthday 1/19/03
Miscarriage six weeks 12/03
Miscarriage twelve weeks 3/04
HG pregnancy EDD 5/4/04
Cross my fingers PG EDD 11/19/06
jschwab
Been There Done That

maybe

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 23, 2005 5:45 pm

...Maybe. Now I want to find out if others hear that too. Got my curiousity up.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies