What should I try now?? Need med advice from the experts

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

What should I try now?? Need med advice from the experts

Postby tilly2321 » Feb 22, 2005 9:12 pm

Hi all,
I am taking diclectin (Live in Us, but midwife presribed it for me and got it through online)I feel like I am going to barf and nothing sounds good to me at all. I don't know what else to try. I have a two year old and need to function. Today, was a bad day and I am hoping that it will be better tomorrow. I was doing really well emotionally, but looking at the calendar can get depressing. Anyhow, should I try meclizine next? Zofran? My symptoms are motion related nausea that is constant and major food aversions.
Thanks,
Elaine
tilly2321

Postby bibliojo » Feb 23, 2005 12:34 am

Hi Elaine,

I'm from Canada so I know a bit about Diclectin. I took it with my first pregnancy, taking 4 pills a day, but it really didn't help me a whole lot so I went off of the Diclectin and went one Gravol (I think it's called Dramamine to you guys in the US), Maxeran (otherwise called Reglan) and Rantidine. I know there have been several women here that have benefitted from meclizine but I really don't know anything about that drug as I don't think we have it in Canada so I can't really advise you there. I know that you can take Dramamine, Reglan and Rantidine all with Diclectin. Dramamine is a drug to combat motion sickness so maybe start there? Reglan speeds up digestion, and Rantidine helps with the reflux. Oh, and you do know that you can take up to 8 Diclectin a day, right? There's a post around here somewhere by galit on how to improve the effectiveness of Diclectin by taking it at the same time every day and according to your most nauseaous times. I'll see if I can hunt it up and I'll post the link for you.

But of course it's always best to talk this over with your midwife. You more than likely will need more than just the Diclectin, so maybe take some of the ideas you gather here on this site to her and she what she says.

Hope this helps!
Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Feb 23, 2005 12:52 am

Here's a post on Diclectin and gravol...

http://www.helpher.org/forums/viewtopic ... ight=#4577

Joanna
bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Feb 23, 2005 1:26 am

Me yet again!

I've found another post that might help. It repeats some of the info from the other link that I posted but this one talks about how to schedule your Diclectin 3 hours before when you feel most nauseous. Galit's post is about 10 posts into the thread.

http://www.helpher.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=595

Hth.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies