Wow!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Wow!

Postby Cheri » Jun 06, 2004 5:18 pm

You take a week off to puke and everything changes!!

This all looks very nice!

Well, have I mentioned that this is the last time I will be doing this? Never again! 3 times in 3 years is quite enough :oops:

I am very tired of being sick & tired of hating food & tired of counting the drops of fluid I manage to get in my body! In all fairness, I hope to look back in a month and say this has actually gone better than my last pg (I've only lost about 5 pounds so far & no IVs!!). For now, I'm just tired of it. My consolation is that it's the LAST TIME!!
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 06, 2004 7:26 pm

Hey, Cheri! Sorry to hear you're starting to puke, but is it really going better? That's great. Did you manage to start the homeopathic remedy this time? I'm thinking of you!!!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Cheri » Jun 08, 2004 7:33 pm

Hi Pamela,
Well a couple of days ago I wouldn't have said it, but today, I think I am doing better. I have been doing the homeopathic remedy since the beginning. I had to start Unisom about a week ago. Also, my Dr. just had me start progesterone (not for the hg) and I think it may make a difference too.

I'm too scared to say things are going well though...it is still very much day to day at the moment. My fluids are coming from snow cones at the moment (thanks to Marla for that wonderful idea!) This baby is going to be made out of artificial flavors & food coloring! But at least mama is hydrated!!
Cheri
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Is there an emoticon to express Jaw Dropping Shock?!

Postby Mar2 » Jun 09, 2004 1:37 pm

Cheri!! Congratulations! I could not believe it when I saw your name in this folder! What wonderful news!

I am sorry you are feeling so awful...but what a surprise after TTC for so long last time. How far along are you? Do the girls know? Are they excited? You are so strong to face this again.

It is good to hear the Rival sno-cone maker helped someone else. I forgot all about it until a few weeks ago when my sister used it for something. I almost gave it to her...but maybe I should keep it just in case fate has a surprise in store for me too - HAHA!

Take care,
Marla
------------------------------------------------
HG PG 1: miscarried at 16 weeks 3/18/2002
HG PG 2: baby girl 5/29/2003
Step-Son: born 11/26/1990 (acquired May 1997)
Mar2
Welcomed Friend

Postby Cheri » Jun 13, 2004 2:38 pm

Hi Marla,
It is SO nice to see you around. How is Miss Maranda doing? Are you starting to feel a bit better now?

Can you believe it? After how long it took to get Megan here, I didn't dream it could happen again so soon!!

I was thinking the other day "if I would have known I'd get pg again so soon, I would have pumped & saved up some breastmilk". & then I thought "duh, If I would have known it would happen, I wouldn't be pg now :o

Anyway, I'm not sure how far along I am...judging from symptoms, I think about 10 weeks. My girls are very excited and are being wonderful helpers. Fortunately Megan adores them & likes to spend time with them.
They are probably handling everything better than Jeff & I are. We had about decided that we wanted to have 1 more, but we really weren't ready to do it yet. After losing the baby, we were so motivated & ready to face everything last time...this time we are just tired. We just keep reminding ourselves that it is the last time & we will be done with hg forever, sooner than expected.

Now I'm becoming obsessed with the fear that my girls may have to face this some day!! I sure hope they don't!! I've been telling them already that they better choose very supportive husbands to help them just incase. Jeff thinks a videotape of me throwing up would probably be effective birth control for the teenage years :)

The snowcone maker has been wonderful!! You better not let it stray too far? Who knows!! Surprises happen all the time :o
Cheri
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby Mar2 » Jun 13, 2004 9:43 pm

Cheri - I can't imagine how tired you and Jeff must be. Thank goodness the girls can lend a hand.

Maranda is wonderful! The joy of my life. She is a year old now and, of course, very active. She climbs (the bookcases, etc.) better than she walks and is quite determined, so she keeps me on my toes. I never new babies could have powerful personalities. Was I in for a rude awakening :lol:

Are the homeopathics working for you? I know it is never easy, but I hope the HG isn't quite as bad this time. Just think, in less than a year, you will never have to face HG again.

Take care,
Marla
------------------------------------------------
HG PG 1: miscarried at 16 weeks 3/18/2002
HG PG 2: baby girl 5/29/2003
Step-Son: born 11/26/1990 (acquired May 1997)
Mar2
Welcomed Friend

Postby Cheri » Jun 17, 2004 6:58 pm

Maranda sounds like a lot of fun. I bet that she & her big brother are great buddies now! It's so hard to believe she's a year old already!! Boy time flies.

I do think the homeopathy has helped me significantly. Actually, I think the fact I used the remedy before has helped lessen the hg a bit this time. I am not having to take the remedy very often compared to last time.

The thing that I have noticed as the biggest difference this time is that smells are not quite so bad for me. Now that is a really, really big thing!! I always said that was one of the worst things because smells made me throw up so often! This time Jeff has actually been able to fix food in our house for the girls to eat & I've only needed to close my bedroom door to block out the worst of the smell.

I really think this has been because I am still breastfeeding this time, because that's the only thing I'm really doing differently!

Enjoy your little climber!! I don't think they ever stop once they start climbing. My little monkey thinks it's great fun to climb up the doorframe to the top! (That's my 6yo, not Megan :lol: )

Take care,
Cheri
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 18, 2004 11:00 am

I thought, Cheri, Cheri? No, couldn't be. No wonder I thought that. Your last was born in December!

You're due in the first 1/2 of Jan. by my reckoning. ;) So, the homeopathic remedy is helping and the smells are better, too!?! Wow, you're the 2nd gal in a week that feels like her HG is less because of nursing - check out the breastfeeding forum for that. I'm super glad your HG is going well, and that last time wasn't extreme so you weren't totally depleted going into this pg.

Please keep us posted. You know we're here for you. Well, surprise, surprise, huh? Huge congratulations, and it'll be so exciting to be done with HG. One day at a time, and then, you, too can join the ranks of "I'm done forever with pregnancy." We really should get together as a group one of these days and shout it exaltantly from the mountain tops.

Huge hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG